Voxglitch Community Feedback

Hahahaha. 13 of them! That’s really crazy… I rarely use it. It is a cool module, but too unpredictable sometimes…

I was also thinking if stereo outputs are really necessary for each sample. Would be cool to hear from other people too. Maybe some people would use it or they want to have them for some reason…

A lot of samples that I use are stereo. :person_raising_hand: I’d like to keep them for my own benefit. I have found that the stereo samples tend to sound fuller when put into reverbs or delays. :slight_smile:

Yeah. I see!! Could you share a patch on your youtube channel or something? It would be cool to see how you use ABS. And also I think your channels are a bit empty, hahaha. It would be cool to have a little tutorial for ABS, maybe not the final one, but just for people to know the basic stuff. Like shift+click and ctrl+click thingie… It wasn’t obvious and I’ve found it by pure luck. I even wanted to make some kind of tutorial myself, but my accent is weird and I live in Russia and you know what’s happening, it’s not the best time for tutorials on youtube… Even though I kinda play with VCV almost every day

Absolutely! I have two YouTube channels - the one associated with my personal gmail (clone45), and the new “voxglitch” one. I’m slowly migrating to the new channel.

I’m planning on making a tutorial for Autobreak Studio once it’s done. I also want to remake the Groovebox demo with the newest version, plus add a “All Voxglitch Modules overview in 5 minutes.” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep. I am subscribed to both of them! i’ll be waiting for the videos then!

I was wondering about sample management for Groovebox.

If you work on multiple machines, or you want to share a patch with someone, it would be nice if Groovebox could archive all used samples (eg in the patch folder).

That would also mean that, if the samples aren’t found in the original location, Groovebox will try to find them in the directory of the patch.

That’s a really interesting idea. That’s going to take me some time to digest! Ha ha ha. If I did that for the Groovebox module, I could do it for all modules. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

What if the outputs are polyphonic, following the number of channels in the input file? I usually work in quad, so this would sure be useful for me! Even in stereo I tend to merge both sides into a single polyphonic cable to ease processing (both CPU and routing)

1 Like

My hesitation with this idea is that you might be the vocal minority! Ha ha ha. I wonder if I could make “8xPoly Output expander” that works with Autobreak Studio, Groovebox, and SamplerX8? Would that suffice?

1 Like

Hello everyone! If you have been following the conversation, @Andre_M had some interesting ideas which evolved into some new features for Autobreak Studio.

Here’s a quick overview of the additions:

1. I added a RATCHET input to the right of the RESET input. Sending this input a gate will immediately ratchet the pattern. This works well in conjunction with the NYSTHI module called “Ratchet”.

2. Each sequencer tab now has two ports above it: An input and output.

Tab Input Ports

The input ports are used to override the sequencer associated with whichever tab. Input values should range from 0 to 10 volts. For example, if you want to control the Position input, but don’t want to rely on the internal sequencer, you can patch in your own sequencer to the input port above the Position tab to control it.

One quick note about the Ratchet input. Similar to the other tab inputs, this overrides the Ratchet sequencer, but still functions the same way. In other words, you’ll probably wish to provide that input a sequence of values that range from 0 to 10v in order to sequence the ratcheting patterns.

Tab Output Ports

The output ports provide the values of the sequencer associated with the tab underneath it, ranging from 0 to +10. The output ports always output the values from the sequencer, even if that sequencer is being overridden by the tab’s input. (That’s a bit difficult to explain.)

Here’s another windows build for those who have time to help test!

Thanks!!

** update: I have some spacing tweaks planned for the front panel so that the inputs at the top aren’t so cramped. I’ll get that done tomorrow. **

2 Likes

It gets pretty tricky making multichannel music because it’s often overlooked. It’s really nice when we get features that make the task easier. Like Flag did recently with their player.

That made it better for me to prep tracks for Dolby Atmos.

Anything you can do is, and will be, much appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OK @PaulPiko, thanks for the information! I’ll see what I can do!

3 Likes

Oooooh now you’re talking! That would be great!

Is there a way to solo or mute tracks?

No, not really. What I would recommend would be to use a memory slot to adjust the volumes to “0” of tracks that you want to mute, then toggle between those two memory slots. Or use an external mixer.

I was thinking of adding additional memory banks at some time:

Bank A would have 16 memory slots, as would bank B and C, for a total of (math…) 48 memory slots. But I don’t want to create features that nobody’s asked for. We’ll see how people start using it first.

I would be open to adding mutes if people think it would be helpful. It would require some rethinking of the front panel, so it would probably need to be released in a future version.

Minor panel updates:

1 Like

That’s really cool! I like the CV inputs\outputs, but there’s a problem… So the CV in overwrites the internal CV, right? Is there a way to overwrite it only when it’s not 0? Cause if you want to occasionally add something, while keeping the internal CV, there’s no way (or I am stupid, which is also a possibility). Anyway! That is a very cool thing!

What if I add a menu item that lets you switch behavior of those CV inputs? Something like:

Sequencer Inputs Behavior
- Override Sequencer (default / current behavior)
- Interrupt Sequencer (incoming, non-zero values override sequencer)
- Add to Sequencer Values (sums incoming values with sequencer values)

1 Like

Yeah! That would work! Thank you!

1 Like

OK! However, please be patient with this one. :man_bowing: My schedule is about to get fairly busy, and I want to implement a new file selector for Groovebox before this task.

2 Likes