Voxglitch Community Feedback

I was able to add a reverb! That code is commented out right now, but it’s all in there! I used Freeverb, which although isn’t the greatest, it seems relatively performant.

One problem was that the reverb increased CPU consumption. Instead of 10% CPU usage on my computer, it jumped up to 21%. This is likely because I was running 8 instances of Freeverb simultaneously – one instance per track. If I add Reverb, I’ll probably need to make it an option in the context menu.

I also wonder if modulating reverb on each step is really going to be super useful. If it were a more expressive reverb, I could totally see the benefit, but … maybe I’ll need to play with it before jumping to any conclusions. I’ll wire it up tonight and see how it feels. (I’ll post a video as well!)

2 Likes

IMHO, more FXs inside your very nice module is not the best idea (definitely because of CPU consumption)… And my main problem with it so far is very inconvenient (again, at least for me) mechanism of data clearing. May be instead of new FXs you could use at least one of remaining empty slots for quick clearing somehow?

4 Likes

Let’s get this fixed for you! I’ve been adding “clearing” options in the context menu. So far the only option is to clear data for specific tracks. That option clears all data associated with the track. Would it be helpful to clear the individual parameter locks? What specifically would you like to see?

– update–

How about if you hold SHIFT while double-clicking on a parameter lock, it resets all of the knobs for that parameter to their default values?

Happy to help,
Bret

1 Like

:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks again for your super rapid reaction, dear Bret, I really appreciate such attitude towards ordinary users :sunglasses: Well, in fact, as I understand it, for now you (and me) have no possibility to clear ALL track data in 16 memory slots at once and this is my main problem :wink: The thing is that I made already about 30+ different presets for Groovebox but because of quick change routine (I mean just changing samples with same memory slots used before) sometimes I just need to have “quick tabula rasa”… P.S. And I really mean “initialize all” in fact (which doesn’t work with filled in slots)

Ah, no problem! I can add this easily! It’s my pleasure. The release that’s currently being tested is 2.15.1, which won’t contain this upgrade. But the next one after that will. I’ll get it done tonight. I’ll also implement the SHIFT/double-click solution as well for parameter locks.

Keep me posted if you have any other insights!!

Great! Thanks a lot in advance!

Well… and yet another question (or kinda request) - some time in the recent past there was a quick talk about the possibility of making “mini Satanonaut” )). I really like this multiFX diabolic thing but it takes up too much space on the screen (+the picture scares me a little too ;))

1 Like

Ha ha ha. Noted! I’ll see what I can do, but that might be a month or two away. :slight_smile:

)) I know what you mean, you have to be very delicate with the dark forces…

:rofl:

This has been completed! :raised_hands:

1 Like

This is done. It’ll roll out with the delay FX. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some kind of distortion could be useful but more CPU efficient.

Yep - and/or a bit crusher. Both more useful and CPU efficient than a reverb in this scenario imo.

Yeah. Or maybe wavefolder

I was thinking this too. :grinning:

2 Likes

Have a comment on MUTE/SOLO of expander module.

If I press MUTE: the sample is muting. But

1. pressing SOLO; sample is playing (fine)
    1. then pressing MUTE; sample is playing (fine)
    1. unchecking SOLO; sample is playing (not OK)

In think in case of the 3rd step the sample should be muted. Playing with some breakbeat loops, it just doesn’t feel right otherwise for me.

Amazing Bret, that works so nicely. Could this be a solution to the clicking that occurs when snapping the offset to16 for a 1 bar breakbeat for example?

Hi

So much fun with your module

I would have two requests. The first one is easy I think. Let’s say I have track 1 in solo mode. Now I would like to be able to use a command key to solo a second track and at the same time deactivate track 1, or other soloed tracks. It would be cool to be able to use an Alt or Ctrl key for this.

The second request is maybe less obvious Almost every time I start to create a rhythmic sequence, In the end I realize that my sequence is not correctly positioned. That is to say that what would have been the first beat is on step 5. Sometimes I’d like to relocate the sequence, so that it starts in the right place. Maybe a function to shift the track, or even the whole sequence, in the right click menu, or since there is already a copy-paste function, a way to paste but at a given position ?

An by the way maybe you can add a tag “sequencer” for the library.

Thank for this awesome module. :slight_smile: