Voxglitch Community Feedback

There’s been a lot of interest in this type of shifting, so I’ll spent some time on it. It’s going to be a lot easier to shift triggers forward than back. I could either use a special ratcheting pattern, as you pointed out (which is clever!), or milliseconds. Hmmmmmm

I’ll keep everyone posted. I’m getting back into the rythem of my day job after a short vacation, so my mind might not be on synthesizers until I re-adjust.

2 Likes

I’ve edited the UI a bit

now all the “lighter gray” is the same color, the background line of the active steps light too

I hope that can be adjusted too, as I didn’t find it in the svg.

1 Like

Excellent! my vote would definitely be for milliseconds - enabling fine control over small shifts which really help when layering sounds (especially when combined with start/end and attack/decay)

This looks great! I’ll make these changes for the next release.

1 Like

The PolyRec recorders from Nysthi can also create multi-channel wav files.

Modular FTW!

1 Like

Quick update! I’ve added the offset snap settings and tested successfully with samples from Octachainer. The offset snap settings are per-track.

The next version is going to break patches because the sample selections are now stored slightly differently in the save file. Apologies in advance. You should be able to reload the samples to restore your patches.

I also tweaked the colors per Stephan. Thanks!! @rsmus7 Got any ideas for replacing the blue color used for the buttons?

2 Likes

Ultimus maximus!

@clone45

The update that just dropped for Groovebox will not load any samples loaded before in patch. So will render all previous patches un-groovy :wink: It does keep them again if re-adding samples (steps and all other settings are fine) and re-saving, so just a heads-up. Not sure what gives as samples are from exact same parent folder, so something about it starting with updated version (2.0.15) fails to load samples saved with 2.0.14 (or 13).

MacOS 12.4, Mac Mini M1 16GB

:slight_smile:

oops, didn’t see that bit, guess speed read right over it :wink:

no problemo, all back to normal after sample reload

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic this SNAP function is, Bret. So much fun slicing things up, which actually made me realize you’ve created an easy beat slicer. 1 bar loop = snap to 16, 2 bar loop = snap to 32, 4 bar loop = snap to 64. But I am sure you already knew that. :slight_smile: It does introduce clicks on the samples unfortunately, but if we somehow can solve that with the loop parameter and a loop offset or size within the slice and then of course attack/decay.

A few things I discovered with the latest 2.15 version.

1. Dragging the loop position of the sequencer is nice, but because of the loop start position, we’re not able to have a full 16 steps pattern anymore, I felt like I wanted to move the end of the loop, so the endpoint goes back to the beginning of the pattern, so it makes use of the whole 16 steps pattern. EDIT: A workaround is to delay the RESET and the start point is moved,. not per track then obviously.
  2. Speaking of loop, the parameter knob doesn’t respond to Double Click, in the OSX version at least.
  3. And could you take the Master Volume parameter out of the Randomization process? I don’t think it’s preferable to have the Master Volume respond to CMD/CTRL+R. I did solve it by mapping a constant to it, but still.

Of course, with every new update new ideas arise, but really fantastic job already.

Thanks Bret.

Sorry @secretcinema, I won’t be able to address your issues for a few days. But I’ll definitely get things fixed for you!!

Yeah easy Bret, just wanted to let you know. No need for sorry at all haha.

Hi Jeroen, I’m not experiencing what you’re reporting. I’m able to adjust both the start and end times, then restore them to get the full 16 steps. Oh wait! The reset is not resetting to the correct location when the start position is not on the first beat! Is that what you’re talking about? That definitely seems like a bug to me!

== UPDATE ==

This bug if fixed and will be included in the next release.

1 Like

These are fixed and will roll out with the next update! Thanks so much Jeroen! :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Thank you, Bret. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

I’ve implemented Attack/Release! I’ll be submitting another update which includes everything thus far to the library this weekend.

Next on my to-do list:

1. Try to add anti-click filter for when offset is modulated. This might be difficult.
  2. Add additional audio interpolation algorithms. (easy!)

The front panel contains 6 useless parameter lock buttons (the blank ones). I’m not going to worry about that in the short term. I might eventually find uses for those – maybe for built-in effects or something! For example, a simple reverb would be amazing.

11 Likes

Lightning speed Bret! Cheers once again.

I have some fun news! Delay effects for the Groovebox!

Here’s a short demo:

I’m super excited about this. This will be coming out in about a week, but it’s working and checked in to my main branch.

5 Likes

Hi Bret,

this is soooo gooood, I hoped for a delay,
and you did it :+1:

now add a reverb and a phaser/chorus effect (maybe via an expander)
and the groovebox is almost a songbox

I’m really exited to play with it :star_struck: