=== very cool patch challenge = very special edition 32 ===

https://vcvrack.com/manual/Installing.html#installing-plugins-not-available-on-the-plugin-manager

1 Like

it works!thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’ve just started live streaming the 3rd patch that I’ve made so far of the vcp #32 challenge. For those interested in listening https://www.twitch.tv/jaynothin

I hope you enjoy it as much as i do.

P.S. I’ve added the master recording to get ready to record the audio, a scope to see what’s doing what, the “Hovered Value” from Alikins because it’s nice to see the value of things and the Wire Manager from Submarine (Utilities) because I like have the cables with more colors but also to have them highlighted when I hover any given module. I hope it’s not to much.

DOUBLE P.S. I may also start a 4th vcp#32 patch. Who knows… Who cares?

3 Likes

My second entry to VCP-32:

4 Likes

simple but effective

1 Like

Not a fan of this rack, by any means - seriously, how many random voltage sources do you need in one rack? - but thought I’d give it a go.

2 Likes

On Windows when you do “window capture” with OBS it doesn’t work. That’s why everyone uses “game capture”. You do have to wait a couple of seconds for it to come up in the preview window.

Works for me ???

I made this 18min video highlight showing my 3rd patch, ( I may or may not post the first 2), of the vcp-32 challenge. It was during a live stream on twitch. Twitch

I named the tune : The Vast Conspiracy Project

Why? Just because

BTW I don’t have a YouTube, so if this “exclude” me of the challenge, don’t worry about it. I accept the consequences of not following the rules. :pleading_face:

here is the vcv file: The Vast Conspiracy Project-vcp32-jaynothin.vcv (50.0 KB)

3 Likes

But not for a lot of other people.

I think I’m making a new patch LIVE on twitch https://www.twitch.tv/jaynothin

This is pretty fun. It sounds a bit like a storm is rolling through.

Here’s a proper recording of a second patch.

Patch: VCP32 Patch 2 | Patchstorage

I started this one so as to experiment with some other concepts and maybe bring them back to my first patch, but I ended up liking enough of what was happening here that I kept iterating on it.

I finally got it to a place where I liked the sounds coming out of it, and felt like playing it out a bit so I could move on.

I cheated with the kick :man_shrugging:. I recorded Plaits into the Chronoblob and just let it keep running before starting the recording.

@Omri_Cohen deserves much credit for his livestream, from which I borrowed the droning bass concept. I had been looking for a good way to keep a nice droning bass running, and while I’d almost gotten the slew right, I couldn’t get the CV to go low enough after it got through Stages that it would produce bass lines. The thing I was missing was to just let it output in the octaves 4-6 range and tune down with the oscillator. Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

works just fine here

can you ever have enough?

well, i know different people have different approaches… what kind of modules would you have added instead?

2 Likes

the only consequence is that i can’t add it to the youtube playlist

2 Likes

There’s many lovely elements, passages and sounds in this. Great you made the excerpt Jay!

2 Likes

Hey man, that’s great!

1 Like

Hi Rackerz. Today presents my second entry to VCP-32. This is my imperssions after watching on tv HBO mini series “Chernobyl”. Music score composed by Hildur Guðnadóttir for this series inspired me a little to make this video. I remember what is smells flowers growing around my primary school. I also remember the smell of Lugol’s liquid, which was then served to all the kids at school. And this anxiety when it was announced that there was a catastrophe in Ukraine.

vcp32-Prypiat story.vcv (52.7 KB)

Here is my vcv file on patchstorage site: VCP-32 Pripyat story | Patchstorage

3 Likes

I’ve been streaming this thing every day and I want to enter but I want to do something a little different. Can I just make a compilation video of all my attempts? They will all be within the rules but will not all have the same modules. Something like one of my “Patches” videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgjs2s9bpw4

1 Like