=== very cool patch challenge = very special edition 32 ===

for this very special edition of the very cool patch challenge, we are using a fixed set of modules. see the attached downloadable vcv file. this is a 9u (3 rows) 104 hp width rack which emulates a fixed hardware rack. the challenge is to make interesting patches using only these modules.

we will run this special edition for three weeks instead of the usual two, to encourage participants to make multiple patches with the fixed set. i myself will use only this file for my livestreams in the next three weeks. i encourage other livestreamers, such as @Omri_Cohen, @dag2099, and @jaynothin, to do at least one livestream using just this set rack as well.

you are allowed to switch out up to two modules for any other modules that you feel you cannot do without, but you have to stay within the dimensions of this rack (3 rows of 104 hp). the only module you are allowed to add outside of this is a recorder module, for glitch-less recording in case your video recording software is giving you trouble.

vcp32-9u104hp-rack.vcv (39.1 KB)

== rules == • make a patch in vcv rack using the attached vcv rack file and upload your patch to https://patchstorage.com/ and/or in your reply to this thread • tag your upload with vcp-32 • make a video showcasing your patch and upload it to youtube • add a link to your video as a comment to this post (these videos will be collected in a playlist) • give feedback on other participants’ patches

deadline: monday end of the day, wherever you are, june 10th (though late entries will still be added to the playlist)

13 Likes

the patch is also available from https://patchstorage.com/vcp32-9u104hp-fixed-rack/

1 Like

Oh Man. Thats is cool Challenge. Thank you Ben. :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Yeah! I love the idea. I’m on it! Thank you so much Ben.

2 Likes

If i’d seen this post before i started streaming today i’d have used it.
However, tomorrow…your challenge…is accepted.

1 Like

Okay, so having accepted the challenge i’ve just noticed that you have several modules that I don’t use because they’re not in the plugin manager. So i may have to decline.

Veery nice, off course I stick to the patch :metal::sunglasses:

I think they are all in the Plugin Manager ? There is a different Plaits faceplate in the PatchStorage screengrab but that disappears when you load the patch.

Nope, Animated Circuits Cosmic is not for download in the plugin manager,

you can get it here: https://www.animated-circuits.com/

1 Like

My bad !

that’s the one I was thinking of but there is anothe one that I thought was an aepelzens module. In fact it’s from Holonic Systems, so I will be getting that one.
I guess I need to get out of my comfort zones a bit and download the Cosmic oscilator. Then we can see just how cosmic it is.

1 Like

The modules in this are amazing.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Man! The animated circuits collection is a MUST HAVE! And they are free!

2 Likes

Great challenge Ben, I’ll come up with something :nerd_face:

1 Like

Love that kind of challenge. As being relatively new to modular synthesizers and to be honest to making musik at all, this helps a lot.

4 Likes

I just get paranoid about dowloading stuff.

my bad, i thought cosmic was in the plugin manager now. i avoided aepelzen’s burst because it isn’t. i’ve used animated circuits without problem, and i know omri uses them a lot as well.

i do know all modules used are free. and yes, holonic systems’ lazy susan is in the pm.

if you don’t want to get animated circuits’ cosmic, you can use another oscillator, such as edge wco. or use it as one of your two switch-out slots.

1 Like

lazy susan was actually added on @Omri_Cohen’s recommendation. recently i’ve been using ml quantum, but he mentioned lazy susan has more features.

also note that the pulse outputs on soy model sou function like a bernoulli gate. the nysthi modules used (except for the mixer) are all modeled on the buchla 200 series hardware.

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Maybe it’s a good idea for this weeks live stream :slight_smile: About Lazy Suzanne, it doesn’t have more features but it has 4 inputs\outputs, what makes it a good choice when working with limited space…

1 Like

Streaming here:

I’ll edit this post when I’m done.
Not using Cosmic. Finding my way
There’s some stuff here I’ve never used and other things (like stages) that I never really “got”.
edit: forgot to edit this to say that I’d finished. In fact I’m about to start again.

1 Like