=== very cool patch challenge = very special edition 32 ===

I’ve been watching that series as well. Fantastic series, great actors, available on HBO streaming, highly recommended to everyone! I remember those days as well, the cloud was blowing over Scandinavia, pretty frightening stuff and your patch definately carries some of the angst of those days.

yes, a compilation video would be welcome!

2 Likes

You might enjoy this:

2 Likes

I love score from “Chernobyl”. For me this is one of the best music score for TV series ever heard. :smiley:

seriously, how many random voltage sources do you need in one rack?

can you ever have enough?

well, i know different people have different approaches… what kind of modules would you have added instead

Maybe a gate sequencer, some ways to make rhythm, ambient noodling isn’t everybody’s cup of tea ,:wink:

I’m enjoying the challenge of working with the rack though, this is a good format, I hope you do another one.

2 Likes

as for a gate sequencer, there is stages (segment generator) and alan. not your typical ones, but with some creativity they should be usable. and for percussive sounds there is plaits (macro oscillator 2) and branes + an envelope. chronoblob2 can also be useful for rhythm.

let’s see what you can come up with!

plus, you can switch out a couple of modules to add one or two you really need.

but yeah, this idea being well received, so we will do similar challenges in the future.

1 Like

Very cool, thanks! Yeah, I totally forgot to mention that the Chernobyl soundtrack is candy for synthheads. @ablaut I’m sure you’d love this :

i’m sure i would, if only i could get to youtube… unfortunately china is doing its thing again and disrupting vpn services (and of course the great firewall is still blocking all google services), and according to my provider this is “impacted by political events”…

i will have to get it an alternative way. unfortunately it doesn’t seem to be up on bandcamp, one of the few of my favorite sites that isn’t blocked.

2 Likes

Interview with Hildur Guðnadóttir about the Chernobyl soundtrack

1 Like

and… connectivity restored! tho a little patchy.

but yes, this is beautiful! i knew of her work already, but this is superbly done.

1 Like

This is cool - the mood really fits the theme. Downloaded the patch looking for ideas to steal :wink:

Another go, because it’s fun.

I wouldn’t normally post just to say that I’m streaming but I don’t intend to stream this stuff anymore after today (2 weeks is plenty for me) and I beat the penultimate boss: using every module. The ultimate boss? Using every cv.
…Stream used to be here…

edit to clarify that I don’t intend to try to beat the ultimate boss. I leave that as a challenge for others.
Another edit to remove the link to my stream.

1 Like

wow, so much contributions, great!. It will take some time to listen to all of them, but believe me, I will. And here is mine and more to come :metal::sunglasses:

https://patchstorage.com/thirtytoo/
1 Like

five more days!

2 Likes

Streaming the same setup with minor changes for 2 weeks has been interesting. But I think I want to use some other modules for a while. Here’s the compilation of all my patches:

I’m fairly sure that none of the patches actually breaks the rules. The last patch in the video is my official entry:
https://patchstorage.com/vcp-32-15/
It uses every module, though not every patch point.
I’ll circle back around to commenting on other peoples work when we get closer to the deadline.
1 Like

thanks so much for taking part in this and making a compilation video! listening to it now and i’ve already heard some cool sounds.

1 Like

Hi, Wow. so many things and participants. So cool! You’ll find here my 2nd entry to this challenge.

If you want just listen to the piece, jump to the minute 24… This time, the video shows a patch from scratch that feature - how much I love this - the Karplus Strong technique. Chronoblob2 is maybe not the perfect delay module for that purpose since the delay time doesn’t go short enough to get high pitches, but it can make the job in single delay mode. Hope you’ll enjoy. I’ll give you shortly a third patch which will be a more musical or compositional piece and then a compilation video so that @ablaut would be able to shorten the play list a bit :wink:

Cheers.

Here’s the patch: BeeDeeGeeRack2.vcv (55.9 KB) And my Patchstorage page if you want dig in my other patches: deniou, Author at Patchstorage

2 Likes

thanks for this, i had no idea that you could do karplus strong “manually”.

1 Like

my third patch for the challenge, a drone, was made in my livestream today:

you can skip to the last few minutes if you just want to hear the results