=== very cool patch challenge, edition 48 ===

you are challenged to make a patch in vcv rack to showcase creative use of modules, so other users may get inspired. you can also win eternal fame!

for this edition, the challenge is to make a patch with msm treasure

see https://github.com/netboy3/MSM-vcvrack-plugin/blob/master/README.md#TreasureVCO

good luck!

== rules ==

• make a patch in vcv rack using the chosen module and upload your patch to https://patchstorage.com/ and/or in your reply to this thread
  • tag your upload with vcp-48
  • you are encouraged to only use free modules in the patch, but this is not required
  • make a video showcasing your patch and upload it to youtube
  • add a link to your video as a comment to this post (these videos will be collected in a playlist)
  • give feedback on other participants’ patches

deadline: monday end of the day, wherever you are, january 27th (though late entries will still be added to the playlist)

a new challenge with a different module will be announced every other tuesday.

2 Likes

RJ’s CHORDSEQ goes to a switch to make the arpeggios with two instances of MSM’s Treasure. Euclidian is feeding the KS and the SD… then there are more modules and stuff blah blah

9 Likes

Jose: I want to know how you got VCV to sound like an electric guitar. Bien hecho amigo!

1 Like

Gracias. It’s an external module called Fender.

5 Likes

Lol

My First entry for the patch Challenge.

Greetings :slight_smile:

1 Like

My submission, something dark and brooding… woooOOOooo!! Patch link in the video description.

8 Likes

Oh wow for a soundscape there, Gary.

This is an elaboration on my last VCP-47 entry. I’m using MarkovSeq here in combination with 8face to sequence a boring e minor scale:

vcp-48-dancingaroundtreasure.vcv (127.5 KB)

1 Like

so this my kinda unofficial entry as i have lost the .vcv patch

• well i say lost it er… meandered off approx 05.30 this morning - there just so much tweaky goodness!
4 Likes

Maybe it’s not the focus of the piece but I like the drums.

Here’s mine, entitled ⭩ clueless.

Even if it’s a quickly thrown together jam I’m using the opportunity to figure out how to shoot bedroom computer techno in a way that looks somewhat engaging, lol.

I’m using 8 instances of Treasure on this, they are the only sound source (including drums) but are not used as LFOs.
Treasure is really hard to tame, I can never predict what the knobs will do. Some voices I didn’t want to modulate live cuz I knew I’d never be able to dial them back to a neutral position.

Voices are color-cabled for your convenience. Meander is used as the main sequencer, the step sequencers only drive the rhythm and selection of chord notes to play. (I hope it’s not bad form to include a device I just released, I had yet to use in a complete song.)

Note that you will require the Stoermelder PackOne 1.5.0 beta to play it right now, but you can safely ignore errors if you don’t want to install it, as the new devices are just for MIDI control. (If you’re curious about the weird module without a name: it’s to scroll the rack via MIDI/CV, it’s in development with scroll offsets hardcoded for this song, so I replaced it with a blank plate in the version I’m uploading.)

Patch: vcp-48-dist.vcv (265.9 KB)

6 Likes

Here’s my submission for the VCP-48 challenge for the MSM Treasure oscillator. I was inspired by Aria’s awesome new sequencer which reminded me of networks branching out, hence the title :slight_smile:

All sounds are from MSM Treasure.

9 Likes

Nice use of the Darius at different tempos and for getting some nice varied sounds out of the Treasure. Best entry I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

I’ve also hopped on the Darius train. I used it with a shift register set up in such a way that it would not play the same note twice in a row. Then I used CV-Map to move the direction knobs over time resulting in a slowly shifting patch. But I found that boring so I added bass and chords and some Jooper based structure.

Here:

vcp-48lowbuzzard2.vcv (120.5 KB)

Why “Low Buzzard”? I can’t easily tell you.

edit: I thought I’d solved the problem of all my videos being mixed too quietly but it appears not. You need to crank it up to get the full effect.

3 Likes

Hi there, Here’s my contribution. one instance as a vco witch is the bass voice of the patch… so to say, and the other as a dumb LFO. This module can produce highly unpredictable results. I took this opportunity to rediscover the MSM collection by using almost all of its modules. If you play this patch you can also play with the LFO (not the treasure one) to set the rate of changing notes… what I haven’t done while recording the piece (Aaaahhhh!!!).

Here’s the patch: Pirate’s treasure.vcv (62.1 KB)

Have a nice week!

3 Likes

thanks all for participating!

here’s the playlist:

5 Likes

Très original :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Très blelle ambiance sonore :slightly_smiling_face:

@denis.tercier Brillant :slightly_smiling_face:

Très bel équilibre des timbres… comme toujours ! :gem::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like