Stoermelder's PackOne v1.4.0 - new module INTERMIX

Congrats Ben! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your plugin is a freakin’ game changer, we’re so lucky to have it. Thank you so much.

4 Likes

Have to completely agree with this sentiment!

2 Likes

The next version 1.4.0 of my plugin has reached the VCV Library! It includes a new module called INTERMIX. As always I am a bit behind on the manuals for the modules but I promise improvement :grin:

INTERMIX - a precision-adder matrix with 8 inputs and 8 outputs

• Support for 8 different scenes
  • Various input-modes, e.g. constant voltages
  • Supports fading between scenes with adjustable time for fade-in and fade-out
  • Optional visualization of input-voltage on the switch-pads
  • Compatible with MIDI-mapping
  • Very low CPU-usage

The full changelog for version 1.4.0:

• Module INTERMIX
    • New module, precision adder 8x8 switch matrix with support for 8 scenes
  • Module ARENA
    • Added missing bipolar-mode for X/Y-inputs of the mix-channels
  • Module CV-MAP
    • Added option to disable audio rate processing for lower cpu usage
  • Module CV-PAM
    • Added option to disable audio rate processing for lower cpu usage
  • Module MIDI-CAT
    • Fixed wrong handling of CC-mappings in Direct-mode on parameter changes made within Rack
    • Added option to enter custom labels for mapping slots (#75)

Upcoming in the next version 1.5.0: Dark module panels and much more :grinning:

22 Likes

Very cool Ben, thanks!

Call for testers and opionions on upcoming v1.5.0 of PackOne!
I have been working on a few new modules and I hope some of you will test them and give me some feedback :+1:

• MIDI-STEP is intended for relative MIDI protocols of endless knobs found on Beatstep Pro or Native Instruments controllers. It outputs triggers on INC or DEC on knob-twisting.

• I don’t own a Beatstep Pro so I couldn’t test anything myself but is seems to work quite smoothly in relative mode 1.
  • PILE is an utility module which translates increment or decrement triggers in absolute voltages. It supports slewing the output voltage. RESET allows you to reset to a specific voltage which is used as starting point for increments and decrements.

• SAIL is one of these crazy modules that stoermelder’s PackOne is known for: It allows you to control parameters by hovering above them with your mouse pointer. Just imagine following: Add MIDI-CC and patch it to IN of SAIL. Then you can control any knob in Rack with one of your MIDI controller’s knobs as long as your mouse pointer hovers above it :slight_smile:

• Voltage range for IN-port is 0-10V
    • Differential mode adds delta-movement to the parameter’s current position on voltage change on IN
    • Absolute mode sets the parameter to the absolute position as soon the voltage changes on IN
    • INC and DEC allows incrementing and decrementing the current position, especially useful with MIDI-GATE and its keyboard driver (increment or decrement with keyboard events) or my new MIDI-STEP module and an endless knob on your MIDI controller
    • High voltage (>=1V) on FINE increases the precision by factor 10. Can be patched to MIDI-CC and used with a push button on your MIDI controller for high precision adjustments.
    • SLEW adds exponential slew on the parameter’s changes. It has been said that it adds a nice analogue feel to Rack’s knobs :wink:
    • OUT outputs the parameter’s position in 0-10V. Can be used for MIDI feedback if you patch it to CV-CC and send it to the same CC.
    • Multiple SAIL modules can be used the same time, so it is possible to use one knob on your controller for relative control, one knob for absolute control and one knob for fine control.

These modules are not available in VCV Library yet as they are still in development. You can download the most recent builds linked below and follow these instructions.

Stoermelder-P1-1.4.ecb4b33-lin-20200112.zip
Stoermelder-P1-1.4.ecb4b33-mac-20200112.zip
Stoermelder-P1-1.4.ecb4b33-win-20200112.zip

19 Likes

I like your new color scheme.

Unfortunately, I have some sort of primal aversion to light blue.

Yes, there will be a dark panel theme for all my modules in the next release :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This will be super useful. Having hardware knobs vastly improves the experience of Rack. But remembering which knob (of many) is assigned to what (with no labels) is no fun.

3 Likes

Agree with Jon. Sail sounds amazing for a quick workflow boost without lots of tedious setup. The flexibility of being able to change the mapped parameter with a quick mouse move will be terrific. Great idea Ben!

3 Likes

So excited about SAIL; this is my preferred way of working, and it’s very rarely implemented. Thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t understand why mapping every knob ever became the norm. It never feels like hardware anyway.

2 Likes

If there is ever some kind of vote (& award maybe?) for best free modules, I’m voting Ben :slight_smile:

PS. Can we hover & mousewheel?

3 Likes

Hmm, I don’t know but nice idea, I’ll take a look!

4 Likes

Wow Sail looks amazing!

3 Likes

I have a normal Beatstep and a Nektar P1 here will test both!

2 Likes

Hmm, I don’t know but nice idea, I’ll take a look!

Sorry, not possible. Only the currently hovered widget (and Rack itself) can handle this event.

'Course now I have 63 MIDI Fighter Twister knobs I don’t need. :laughing:

1 Like

PILE / SAIL work flawlessly as far as I can tell. Amazing work Ben!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat! My MFTwister will totally be used differently from now on. This is just too convenient!!!