VCV Rack 2 teaser

Good man! Then I don’t need to do it as well :slight_smile:

Blue Cat Audio’s PatchWork is what you need - currently $89 USD (as of 11/2021) - both Logic Pro and MainStage will only support 64-bit AU plugins. PatchWork acts as a host for VST plugins within Logic or MainStage. I’ve used the demo version and it works flawlessly.

Good luck!

I note that v2 premium modules are now appearing in the library. When I start rack with MindMeld ShapeMaster Pro in the patch it pauses to download a license key every time, how will this DRM work on a machine that doesn’t have net access?

For this you have to email support@vcvrack.com in order to get a license key for that machine, which you will need to save in <Rack user dir>/licenses/.

How many license keys do we get? Just another change in the background the users have to accept without warning?

Ahum, this is a beta version. No updated documentation has been published yet. The VCV team is still working on getting the project released. Why are you posting these kind of questions and saying users are not warned?. If you are concerned about it, don’t install the v2 version and stay with v1 until you have seen the final terms and conditions. But, please wait till the release posting these kind of messages.

3 Likes

From this very thread back in September

2 Likes

This does not answer my question?

For me its legit to ask because they got my money?

I don’t know if there is a limit to the amount of machines you can get a license for. I do know the purpose is to prevent commercial plugins being shared, not to prevent you using the plugins you purchased on multiple computers or to try to get you to purchase multiple times in order to do so.

"The purchase of this software by a user grants the user one license for the software. A license grants use on all operating systems on all computers owned by the user, provided the primary user is the license holder.

Businesses and organizations must purchase a license for each user of the software."

excerpt from VCV - EULA

1 Like

Hi all, i noticed that several menus are not scrollable. In the module browser i.e. if the factory names list is taller than the screen height there’s no way to go to the entries in the bottom part of the menu. I’m on Win10 64x

Thank You! This answers my question!

One per premium plugin it seems. I have fourteen so far but not all of my premium modules are in the library yet.

The mouse scroll wheel ?

1 Like

Mouse wheel scrolling doesn’t work, neither arrow keys…

Mouse wheel works for me - but the cursor has to be on the list to scroll it.

AFAIK, there are no keyboard shortcuts for that function (yet).

Let VCV know if you can’t scroll on your laptop - VCV - Support

(I’m not sure I can scroll on my Wacom - but seldom use it)

I now have 1331 modules, as I scroll down through the module browser the rendering of module thumbnails slows to a crawl and eventually halts around two thirds of the way through. Anyone else or just me?

No, that doesn’t happen to me, although I don’t have as many module. Speed seems pretty much the same top to bottom. Are the images cached? Are you running out of RAM? (If they are cached, I don’t know if it’s CPU or GPU memory, btw).

I should know this, but are the numbers at the top right a measure of how much CPU is used drawing?

Yup.

Using 11 of 32GB.

It was fine with fewer modules.