VCV Rack 2 teaser

After loading all or a few plugins, v2 crashes when browsing modules???

Which platform? Are you using the latest Beta version? Can you point to specific plugins?

Trying to load different 1.16 patches v2 allways crashes at once

Well, not all modules are available yet, but it should not crash.

yes / no / beta1

I recommend you start a separate thread for this issue and provide a patch file that crashes so we can help you troubleshoot.

And please! A crash log.

The crash belongs to the Bogaudio plugin. There is a illegal instruction?

[7.779 fatal adapters/standalone.cpp:60 fatalSignalHandler] Fatal signal 4 SIGILLEGAL INSTRUCTION. Stack trace: 20: 1 Rack 0x00000001058764b3 _ZL18fatalSignalHandleri + 275 19: 2 libsystem_platform.dylib 0x00007fff60003f5a _sigtramp + 26 18: 3 ??? 0x0000000100000000 0x0 + 4294967296 17: 4 plugin.dylib 0x000000000870972d _ZN5Skins5skinsEv + 61 16: 5 plugin.dylib 0x000000000869a734 _ZN8bogaudio14BGModuleWidgetC2Ev + 84 15: 6 plugin.dylib 0x0000000008611918 _ZN13EightFOWidgetC2EPN8bogaudio7EightFOE + 24

After deleting the Bogaudio folder browse is working

Even after installing the VCV Rack 2 Free version from today the Bidoo, Bogaudio and the voxglitch plugins result in a crashes, at the start or when browsing.

The log says in all cases illegal instruction

After deleting the folders its working

If I could use Host-FX I would be super jazzed to start trying Rack2. Without it I guess Iā€™ll just wait for the release.

1 Like

Windows 10 user here. Trying out beta2. Installed the version Andrew put up today. Downloading libraries seems to function and they all show up in the expected folder. But after restarting it only shows a few of those libraries.ā€˜21kHzā€™,ā€˜8Modeā€™,ā€˜Atelierā€™,ā€˜chowdspā€™,ā€˜Hampton Harmonicsā€™ and ā€˜VCVā€™. And the menu list of updatable modules still is filled with all modules after restarting and updating several times.

Donā€™t know if this thread is meant as a bug report as well. If I should post there at special bug report place I would like to know. The issue could be something simple like the path delimiter which is different with windows or some other minor bug.

https://vcvrack.com/support

Thank you. Iā€™ve submitted my findings to the form.

Anyone else testing V2 on linux got a working MIDI-MAP? It maps as expected here but once mapped moving the physical control does nothing. This has been consistent for me through all V2 builds, I emailed support weeks ago. Stoermelder MIDI-CAT worked fine but wont currently build against beta2.

Steve Russel posted a Stoermelder fork recently which built against beta 1 and itā€™s working in beta 2

1 Like

Cloned, built & working, thanks Steve.

Still curious if itā€™s just me or if other linux users have the same issue with MIDI-MAP.

i had same problem , i removed all the plugin in documents/rack2 (windows 10 ), reinstalled it and ok now , i think because of plugs not ready yet for the update , but only the fundamental

I have exactly the same in beta-1, on macOS 10.12. The MIDI-CC ā†’ CV module works fine but MIDI-MAP is broken.

Edit: Just tried and itā€™s the same in beta-2.

1 Like

Hello

I have the same problem on windows, i submit a bug report a few days ago

1 Like