VCV Rack 2 teaser

Yeah, mouse wheel works for me, and I don’t need to be at the top of the list. When I hit either end of the list and try to scroll past I get some funny graphics flashing, but it works. That said, I don’t know if I’ve ever used software that required a mouse wheel to work. Seems risky, although maybe these days everyone has one.

1 Like

Am I going senile? I see the Rack 2 VST installed fine. Starting Reaper 6.42 I get all the other VSTs in same install folder but the Rack 2 VSTs are nowhere to be found in Reaper. What the heck am I missing? Rack 2 Pro runs and is licensed, all other licenses are there too and those plugins are running fine as well. But, VST is seen during start of Reaper (I can see it flash by when it scans for VSTs at start), but no luck finding it in Reaper…

In “Add FX”, I find it here:

All Plugins → VSTi → VSTi: VCV Rack 2 (VCV) (16ch)

All Plugins → VST → VST: VCV Rack 2 FX (VCV) (16ch)

or

Developers → VCV → VCV Rack 2 (VCV) (16ch)

I have to tell it, if I want to put the plugins in any of the “categories” subfolders.

I’ve been trying to get VCV rack to install my plugins and i got a spot on the server. But, for some reason not all of the plugins have been downloaded and it says “up to date” when im missing some… Any idea why?

I don’t know, but have you tried to delete the plugins from your user folder and restart rack? Maybe they will show up again in the library. Could be a corrupt download due to the overloaded server.

saving presets! VERY nice.

as I can’t code, it would be sick if someone could make a module in which you could target modules, and access their presets from the Preset Manager Module. so while performing you could swap presets on the fly from a localized spot. that could be amazing!

Bought Pro Version. I think I’ll will try the first run tomorrow. Got all my paid modules donwloaded but when I try to use them they said license load failed. I think tonight is too overcrowd:-)

go to your account page on the website, there you can enter your machineID and it will give you the licence keys for all paid modules. (I had to do this for a couple of my modules)

do V1 modules work with?

No, all modules have to be updated to V2.

1 Like

saw the post about migrating a plug…doesnt look too bad. but I don’t do code stuff. so probably outta my capabilities.

Not showing up, Reaper says 'failed to scan plugins and trying to rescan does not fix this

Many modules have been updated and are in the library for Rack 2

2 Likes

there are a couple special ones…I dont think will be coming over id like to use still. I may have to learn how to do something for myself for a change.

side question. does V2 overwrite V1. will V1 continue to be available or is that getting wiped?

v2 does not overwrite v1. v1 is still available.

1 Like

V2 installs in different folders. Nothing gets overwritten.

1 Like

I guess what I meant…will it remain up for a time, when I said available? I assume it loses support and will taken down at some point.

…getting! :+1:t6:

All old versions of Rack, back to 0.3 are still available. But you would need to keep a copy of plugins.

https://vcvrack.com/downloads

1 Like

thanks