VCV Rack 2 Free and Pro released

What a time to be alive guys. Congratulations to the team, you did it!

1 Like

Congratulations! I was waiting for this day for so long. But it was worth it. Thanks for your hard work, Andrew and team. Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll contribute to the problem :slight_smile: by trying intermittently.

And, well said, @Ebe404!

So far on the forum people seem pretty happy about them (I know I am; community enthusiasm for Rack is part of what makes it so great). I fear for the servers and the graciousness, though, once it hits the big music sites (hadn’t hit any of them yet last I checked–I think this is mostly forum- and @Omri_Cohen -driven so far)…

@vortico, might be worth a tweet and/or a temporary note on the download page saying “Everyone’s downloading everything at once, it’ll work soon, be patient?”

1 Like

It was a weirdly emotional moment for me too! Think of all the new music that’s going to be made because Rack got this far…

1 Like

and reddit and FB

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL

4 Likes

good point–I think those are both bigger than the forum (?) so maybe it won’t be a full-blown apocalypse later today :slight_smile:

Twitter is incoming too, I guess; just checked and people are being pretty nice/excited about the outages there as well, so that’s good to see

2 Likes

Congrats on the release. I was able to get my license keys from my account page, and popped them in the license folder and I’m off and running. Tried out VST support in Reason and it works amazingly well. Can’t wait to not be at work so I can fiddle around with it some more. Bravo!

1 Like

these are going to be the busiest days of my life…THANK YOU! :heart:

2 Likes

Without being too dramatic does this not seem like a massive game-changing type release? Pick any DAW. Buy Rack v2 Pro. Instantly have access to hundreds of plugins in your DAW. Oh and no iLok required.

Even if someone has zero interest in playing within the modular world they can effectively buy an entire plugin suite for $100. That’s nucking futs.

The whole scenario just seems incredibly and amazingly disruptive. Bravo :clap:

Kudos to everyone involved at all levels. So freaking cool and so freaking exciting! :smile:

7 Likes

took a while, but eventually the library update worked… so now have all my modules :slight_smile:

now playing with it all in Bitwig… looking and sounding good !

I like the way that a saved patch’s audio IO and midi IO is automatically changed over to the DAW IO when loaded into a VST… so easy to reuse what you build in standalone

1 Like

How do you actually buy Pro. I can’t find it!

lol, yeah was hidden a bit , at the bottom of web page, click on vcvrack 2… then you get the option of free or pro

1 Like

Thanks!!!

1 Like

https://vcvrack.com/Rack#get

can be a little tricky to come up … seems like there may be a slight spike in traffic to the site :smiley:

1 Like

This is a really good point! I hope someone does a video or two about this–like the “effect-first” approach to Rack Pro. Get Plateau and/or Chronoblob in there and you’ve got as good a starter reverb or delay as anything out there–and then, see those little ports? Want to plug something into those ports? And away you go…

And not just starter stuff, either. Just the Send/Return functionality on Chronoblob2 opens up some very powerful options very easily.

3 Likes

What a great news! Congrats @Vortico!

Hopefully RackFree-2.0.0-win.zip will also be added sooner or later, won’t it?

1 Like

Yes–happy day!

Huh–it’s RackFree-2.0.0-win.exe–the link that’s up there now works fine. Are you saying there was a dead link somewhere to a .zip file, or that you’d prefer a .zip file?

And don’t forget about all those Youtubers out there… I think if any of the usual suspects like benn jordan or loopop or mylarmelodies is releasing a video on VCV 2 that will also boost sales and downloads.

Edit: RMR already commented “Hell Yeah” on the official announcement video, so I think there is a video coming soon :joy:

1 Like

Exactly! :slight_smile: Yeah like all the sequencing and randomization and so forth? It’s no exaggeration to say that there are numerous paid commercial VST options for each little effect or process or whatnot. Or just toss a Rack on there and do things nearly to literally impossible to do without it.

Okay I’ll stop gushing. For now. Feeling a bit like Brennan in Step Brothers. “So many activities!” :smiley:

1 Like