VCV Rack 2 Free and Pro released

Yeeeeeeessssss!!!

Congrats!

:clinking_glasses:

2 Likes

On discord

2 Likes

I had success downloading the offline license from my account and put it into my Rack User Folder:

• MacOS: Documents/Rack2/
  • Windows: My Documents/Rack2/
  • Linux: ~/.Rack2/

(Not sure about the paths on mac and linux)

2 Likes

This is an incredible achievement. Congratulations!

2 Likes

Congratulations Andrew and the VCV team!

Eurorack is about to hit the masses head on

(according to the server load it already is)

3 Likes

Congratulations to everyone involved in V2ā€™s development. I held off on trying it till the official release and wow, sheā€™s a thing of beauty. Thank you so, so much for your hard work.

2 Likes

YAY!!!

3 Likes

similar story hereā€¦ servers seemed swamped ended up emailing to get the license keyā€¦

that worked so vcvrack pro now startsā€¦ but when it tries to query the library, always ends up timing out. so only have the basic fundamental modules

perhaps we just have to wait for the servers to stop being pummelled?

2 Likes

well, i know what iā€™m doing tomorrow. congratulations @Vortico, looking forward to trying out v2.0

1 Like

Congratulations , I was wondering if the vst version works on Mac with M1 chip with Ableton ? thanks

1 Like

Yes! Congratulations to Andrew, the team and this whole community for all the work that went into this!

1 Like

Congrats to everyone! This is a milestone. Glad to witness it. Right now Iā€™m just waiting while the server is getting a good hammering and just making noise with only the fundamental modules. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same situation! Iā€™m biding my time w/the Fundamental modules in the VST, figuring out how sequencing and automation will work across the small handful of DAWs I useā€¦

It occurs to me that since the V2 library is now up on Github, it should have the canonical repos for everything thatā€™s in it along with a defined toolchain, meaning that current versions of the free open-source V2 plugins shouuuuuld be easy enough to compile that wayā€¦

I just got a slot on the server and now my library is updating :100: :man_dancing:

2 Likes

Nice! How long were you queueing, about? Iā€™m in the standard ā€œkeep waiting or query againā€ dilemmaā€¦

Sincere congratulations, Andrew. I know what a long road this was- the update looks great. Hope the rollout goes as smoothly as it can, people are gracious about heavily loaded servers, and you get a chance to step back and celebrate the launch for a bit.

Well done.

1 Like

Yep, coming down fine for me now. Just queried it half a dozen times after I saw your post.

1 Like

I tried it maybe 20 to 30 times over the last hour. I logged out about 10mins ago and could not log in, when I tried it now, it was quickly querying the updates and started downloading.

1 Like

Yes, it does.

1 Like

Just added the initial v2 patch as an instrument to a piece I was working on in Reaper. Made me want to cry! :joy::joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes