VCV Rack 1.0 released

Milestone!

Thanks @maplesontop! Your suggestion worked for me in macOS Mojave.

Congratulations @Vortico on all the hard work that went into this fantastic release!

A very big congratulations to Andrew (and all others involved) with the release of VCV Rack 1.0! Rather than loosing my marbles and joining the hype choir, let me try and present my checklist:

• Managed to steer VCV Rack through an extremely succesful beta phase: Check
  • Managed to get everyone very exited about the big 1.0 release: Check
  • Managed to rally a corpus of extremely talented plugin developers, and even expanding that for the 1.0 release: Check
  • Managed to get everyone exited about a lean, mean audio machine: Check
  • Managed to keep a coherent vision of the product: Check
  • Managed to not screw it up: Check
  • Managed to stay open, engaged, involved, listening and not too arrogant: Check
  • Managed to create and maintain an extremely engaged and talented community around Rack: Check
  • Managed to deliver an impressive 1.0 release with tons of awesome and useful features: Check
  • Managed to keep Rack open source with a ton of future potential: Check
  • Managed to make a lot of people happy: Check

Not too shabby Andrew - My respects and gratitude! Well done.

And to all the developers who has (or will) migrated their plugins to 1.0: Thank you! Half of this success is yours!

18 Likes

I’m getting the same error too. Just downloaded for the first time (at 3:05pm Eastern).

Thank you for all involved, it looks great.

Congratulations and thank you for all your hard work.

Congratulations! It’s awesome to see this!

Toutes mes félicitations Andrew pour tout ce que tu fais ! Merci merci merci !

Thank you @Vortico and all of the developers for making this happen!

It is not hyperbole to say that this program has changed my life for the better. I’ve always wanted to dabble in modular synthesis, but never had the funds to undertake such an endeavor. Now, I can learn the basics on my computer, purchase premium modules as my skills increase, and perhaps some day take the plunge into hardware modular.

4 Likes

This is so great!!!

in short use
sudo spctl --master-disable

Cool! However, im getting an error trying to install the Windows 64bit version. It says I don’t have the rights to install it. Even though Im trying to run it as an admin

Managed to get it running by opening it direct from the Applications folder :slight_smile:

Are you just getting the Defender SmartScreen window? If so, click “More info” and “Run anyway”

I don’t think this is the issue I’m experiencing - I know how to get round the notification based on source, but the error that I (and others) are getting is a different one.

I’m not sure if it’s related to the same system preventing the installation, but I haven’t seen this error before.

oh this is so nice, so nice!

A big Thank You to Andrew and all the developers involved !!!

so nice!

Fantastic, bravo!!!

This is amazing!

Woohoo–congrats!!!

Dealing with non-music stuff but looking forward to pitching in when I can.

1 Like

Thanks Andrew! This software has changed my life and how I think about music. I am forever grateful for you and all the devs out there.

6 Likes