I had to ask ChatGPTā€¦

In the vast expanse of space,
Where stars and galaxies race,
An unknown force doth linger,
A mysterious energy, a cosmic singer.

It flows through the void, unseen,
A force that bends and shapes the scene,
It pushes and pulls with hidden might,
A dance in the darkness, an endless night.

Some call it dark energy, some call it fate,
But its origins and purpose, still up for debate.
It stretches the fabric of space,
Expanding the universe, at an ever-increasing pace.

We search for answers, in the cosmic skies,
With telescopes and detectors, we peer through lies,
But the truth of this force, still eludes us yet,
A mysterious energy, we cannot forget.

It whispers secrets, to the stars above,
Guiding the dance, of the cosmic love,
An unknown force, shaping our fate,
A cosmic enigma, forever great.
9 Likes

Oh!

4 Likes

That was my first thought as well, but only because I use Energy all the time.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty good! @marc_boule we should use ChatGPT to write the manual! :laughing:

4 Likes

Iā€™m repeating my comment in this context :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s so amazing, tremendous! Would you be ok if we put that somewhere (in the manual or website)? @pyer we have to use this, itā€™s just so cool! :smile:

Ok with me to use it.

My input to ChatGPT was: "An unknown form of energy affecting the universe on a galactic scale. Describe it as a science fiction poem "

2 Likes

An apt line considering the name of this new module and the fact that Geodesics also has a module called Fate, that itself went through a change.

Love the ā€œoriginalā€ and yaā€™ll gonna love this one. :wink:

6 Likes

Love Energy, itā€™s the only Geodesics I consistently use in patches. It sounds so good and is easy to patch with its internal VCA. Canā€™t wait for another version to tweak!!!

1 Like

ā€¦ something showing on youtube makes grabby hands

1 Like

Coming back from outer space: GEODESICS DARK ENERGY is a free digital complex oscillator/synth voice based on ENERGY engine, on its way to the plugin library.

So much is known about energy but so little about dark energy, so much is yet to be discovered, for all we know, it is expanding over and overā€¦

DARK ENERGY is the expanded version of ENERGY: a 3 outputs voice that combines ring modulation and FM synthesis inspired by complex oscillators from the past. Two sinewaves are modulated and multiplied in various ways for creating rich tones, from vibrating drones to sharp screaming leads and percussive effects.

ā€¦So you know, this is not a return with a vengeance nor it is a swan song, but just a hello and thank you to all Geodesics users who continued to inspire us!

As always, a Geodesics module comes with an complete user manual to be found here:

https://www.pyer.be/dark-energy.html

36 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see and hear this module!

1 Like

An easy lin-arm64 build. Geodesics-2.3.0-lin-arm64.vcvplugin - Google Drive N.B. not mac-arm64. Licence condition of source distribution by finding in library, looking at a module, and clicking source code link.

VCV - Google Drive so far so ā€¦

2 Likes

Other builds available here:

5 Likes

The experimental chromebook build (arm64) needs some good modules. Geodesics looks interesting. There is as yet no official library support. Maybe some find difficulty of source builds. It maybe makes a good checksum for later too. Nice graphics. :smiley:

Awesome video Pyer and the module sounds pretty good too!

2 Likes

+1

:+1: