Synthesis Technology for VCV Rack

Thanks! Great to hear that, will buy in the near future :laughing:

Just popping in to say: worth it! :smiley: I’ve played with these in twothree patches now and those oscillators could very well be my new favourite chord machines!

2 Likes

Yep I agree, the filter sounds great! Loads of low end and character, and the wavetable mod on the Morphing Terrarium is really smooth. Polyphony is also a bonus, slowly modulating the X/Y/Z inputs polyphonically with chords makes some amazing evolving pads. I haven’t even tried the Cloud Generator yet, but I’ll try and upload a video of a demo patch next week.

1 Like

Here’s a quick video using the Morphing Terrarium, E340 Cloud Generator and quite a few of the E440 VCF modules. Can upload the patch later if anyone wants it.

9 Likes

Yes surprisingly, I want the patch. Sounds like a great Cinematic soundtrack!! Beautiful. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Thanks, uploading it right now actually :slight_smile:

Edit - here ya go:

There are some mutes controlled by the buttons and mapped via Stoermelder Map, which are labelled in the notes, and also you may need to start the clock to get sound. The Nysthi Big Button triggers fade in/out and VCV Recorder triggering at the same time to capture audio/video.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Synthesis Technology for VCV Rack has been updated to 2.0.3. Changelog

7 Likes

Top tip: for Pro users, or anyone who has the Host FX module, slowly modulated Morphing Terrarium through Valhalla Supermassive sounds absolutely epic for ambient pads!

7 Likes

Curious how the new Synthesis Technology modules for VCV Rack can sound in a patch? Check out these video demos of each module, which use no other sound sources.

15 Likes

I’m blown away by this collection and hoping we get to see a “Synthesis Technology Bundle 2” sometime in the future (perhaps adding the E102 Quad Temporal Shifter and E580 Resampling Mini-Delay, if it’s not too much to ask? :slight_smile: ). Anyway, awesome job on this one! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

Still having tons of fun with this collection! Actually, I have a small feature request for the Morphing Terrarium: I’d love to see an option in the contextual menu to unlink Z from the other oscillators, so it doesn’t track the V/oct input – instead, it would just stay in the frequency set by the COARSE and FINE knobs. This would be useful for making kicks and drones while playing a melody on XY, for instance. I know the idea here is to stick as close as possible to the intended functions of the hardware original – and I appreciate it --, and I could always load a second instance of the module. But that would double the CPU usage and screen space taken (I hope I’m not being too annoying here haha). Would anyone else like to see this feature implemented? For now, I’ll keep on loving it for what it is!

2 Likes

Now I understand the hype for the E350. Best modular wavetable synth I’ve heard (hardware or software). I’m not normally a fan of them.

Thank you for this lovely module.

2 Likes