Synthesis Technology for VCV Rack

We are looking into this issue and will fix it in a future version. Contact VCV Support for customer and technical support with your purchase.

2 Likes

My suggestion: polyphony using just these and a few stock VCV modules. 16 voices of E340 and E350 (bitimbral) modulated per-voice by E355 into E440 with a filter envelope, then a standard VCA/envelope. Thatā€™s about $35k of hardware (realistically $40k with voice allocation, multed control, etc.)

1 Like

FWIW, I canā€™t run my audio interface at 96kHz and still use all the channels on my ADAT stuff. Oversampling in VCV quiets the noise some but doesnā€™t eliminate it.

The FM1 attenuverter doesnā€™t make a difference for me.

But theyā€™re on the case so Iā€™m not too worried about it :slight_smile:

Andrew thanks for links, but desire to see video demonstration in form of vcv modules itā€™s not only because examples how they work principally (although this is too, ofcourse), but also to hear their possible range of achieved timbres including timbre character itself. Which would additionally confirm their compliance with the sound of the hardware modules and would help the desire to buy. So, no, nothing particular, just any free genre session with a bias towards using extreme module values, which is usually a good ā€œstress testā€ for most devices. This is my view on this issue, maybe i wrong idk.

1 Like

If you can wait just a little the community that loves VCV will be making new videos clips with these new toys soon. The exploratory type users will not be able to resist and then you will see a mountain of demonstrations. But for the majority of VCV rack modules, there is little to no hoopla surrounding their release, you canā€™t invest a large amount of time in promoting products that donā€™t make profit. Itā€™s the curse and gift of VCV, itā€™s dirt cheap to make incredible sounds and their isnā€™t much money to be made adding more awesomeness to it.

1 Like

Version 2.0.2 is released. Changelog:

• E440: Fix noise when using high resonance at high cutoff frequencies.
6 Likes

Yes i understand that video will be, my message was more like a wish for such releases. This is not a critical moment (especially the price is not huge). But it should have been mentioned. (Btw among other things, such a demonstration would be more proof that the modules are generally ready to work lol more or less buggy free i mean).

Hahahaha. Listen, in my defense, two things can be very close but completely different! Thatā€™s why I thought it was so interesting!

Hereā€™s a quick and dirty demo:

14 Likes

Nice! Very fun recording. I really enjoyed that drone that everything revolves around. Gives this great feeling of stability while the rhythms dance around.

1 Like

Thank you. The drone sound is just the Saw and Sine outputs of the Cloud Generator running as left and right into the Flip Pan with modulation from the Morphing Dual LFO to move them around before passing them through the Plateau. Simple but effective.

2 Likes

From what was generated kick ? Sorry perhaps itā€™s common, just i recently in vcv, nice body.

Looks to me like itā€™s the Kick from the VCV drums premium set

2 Likes

Thanks, yes actually did not notice (damn another reason to grab drum bundle lol)

1 Like

Honestly, I donā€™t think I need this. However, I had a sudden fear that Iā€™ll decide I do need it just after itā€™s gone up to the normal price, so I had to buy it while itā€™s on offer. Iā€™m on holiday tomorrow, so grabbed it before we go away. Hopefully Iā€™ll get a chance to experiment, although itā€™s awkward on family holidays. Apparently itā€™s antisocial to sit around with headphones on making strange noises :rofl:

2 Likes

Not related to these modules but have you seen this patch on Patch storage?

Feedback-Delay-Toy | Patchstorage

1 Like

Uh no, I donā€™t generally browse through patchstorage but Iā€™ve been using feedback into VCV for a few months and itā€™s great. This should definitely go in another thread though.

1 Like

True it should but feedback weirdness is always welcome in my world.

A question @Vortico ! As these modules can be purchased one by one, or in a bundle, I sort of assumed the visible ā€œsale priceā€ for the whole bundle is a permanent feature, to indicate that you can get them at a more favorable price if you buy them all together? Or is this indeed a launch offer, about to expire at some point? Sorry if I missed an explicit mention of this somewhere.

Listening to the videos, sounds like a fabulous set. Especially digging the E340.

The Synthesis Technology Bundle 1 is discounted due to bundle pricing, not early-bird pricing. While the price of any VCV products may change in the future, we donā€™t have any current plans to do so for this bundle.

9 Likes