Stoermelder's PackOne v1.4.0 - new module INTERMIX

I could see this being huge for creating scenes/songs in VCV because it should allow us to turn any single sequencer into an 8-phrase sequencer.

We can single sequencer, come up with up to 8 different sequences using 8Face, combine this with something like Janneker+Jooper to run through the sequences based on clock counts. Can do the same thing for muting mixer channels based on counts. I can see this really help clean up that type of workflow.

Big thanks!

This was my immediate thought also. Would be a nice feature but not impossible to do currently with the rest of the pack and other modules!

I’ll be cheeky here and promote my own modules! It is exactly the scenario I had in mind when creating these, but not on that sort of scale Pack-One only makes it possible.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Wow this is another brilliant yet simple module. I had an idea to implement this sort of thing as an expander for my modules, but this is even better. Great work!

Ben’s modules are the best 1.0+ additions. Period. Thousands thanx, maestro!

• totally agree with comments about the usage of 8Face with different “one-line” sequencers - it converts them instantly into 8x presets containers. E.g. try to use it with dTroy of Bidoo :slight_smile: - BTW it also helps to resolve it’s old problem - how to quickly change patterns without special external tricks.
    P.S. Dear Adam (=computerscare), still eagerly looking forward for your nice collection of modules! Any ideas about ETA?
1 Like

Thank you, the master of FM-OP and ADDR-SEQ has spoken :wink:

I think you can, but you definitvely shouldn’t :joy:

Thank you!

Thank you, Dave!

Thank you, Latif!

I will add them in one of the upcoming versions of the module!

:slightly_smiling_face:

No problem, go ahead!

Though deleted, thank you! Love your Creative Suite!

Thanks!

Thank you, way too much praise here! :+1:

As you may guess I thought about this too the very first moment I got this thing working. The problem is, it won’t work this way because I don’t look “inside” the preset. I just tell the module “give me your current preset” or “load this preset” in an abstract manner. Loading some sort of interpolated presets will not be a good idea to get smooth transitions. I’m not saying it won’t ever happen, but this will take some work. It probably will be a separate module if it will happen (XY-pad for 4 presets anyone? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Besides that, stay tuned, the next addition to PackOne is already on the horizon…

6 Likes

that’s what I call good news :+1:

I know I said this last week but I REALLY am planning on getting everything submitted by the end of this weekend. Thanks for the encouragement!

3 Likes

Ah, and some requested features will be added, too! :smiley:

Sounds very encouraging for me too, Adam, big thanks in advance & good luck!

Dear Ben, I forgot to mention also that I downloaded your last “nightly” release and I really liked too the addition of exclusions for STRIP RND :nerd_face:
BTW, any hints concerning your newest/uncommented yet module MidiCat? :wink:

getting better every minute :star_struck:

Thank you for 8FACE! It was exactly what I was looking for; here’s a patch to select a quantizer scale with a single MIDI note:

4 Likes

OK, here is my small practical contribution to this thread: 3 test collections of 8 Audible Ins Modal Synth 8Face presets, made by applying another wonderful module STRIP (I used the latest beta version with exclusions added to isolate several parameters from change) with some manual modifications afterwards. BTW, I really wonder why such a powerful module (I mean Modal Synth) is not being used (with rare exceptions) by our great gurus here and in facebook group posts… It has all the possibilities of much more popular Resonator (definitely very nice module too) + many more huge tweaks + excellent reverb addition inside. Just try to randomize it with Strip 1.06+ and you would be very pleasantly surprised :wink:AudIns_Modal Synth_Full 8 presets_via STRIP RND_A.vcvm (23.4 KB) AudIns_Modal Synth_Full 8 presets_via STRIP RND_B.vcvm (23.5 KB) AudIns_Modal Synth_Full 8 presets_via STRIP RND_C.vcvm (23.5 KB) P.S. I forgot to mention that those presets also use beta-versions of PackOne in description (“version”: “1.0.655b04a” to be exact). May be it could cause some problems with opening, I am not quite sure, sorry.

1 Like

I‘m not happy about it, but I had to remove the ability to exclude parameters from randomization again.
You can use this build and it worked most of the time, but the code got really ugly and it had some problems even worse workarounds. I reverted this feature until I find an elegant solution for it. I’m sorry.

:cry:

Well, you know all the inner workings of your modules, Ben, and I am just a smart monkey, testing with glowing eyes various gems in VCV collection :monkey:
BTW, it reminds me a bit similar discussions about some workaround ideas with randomisation features in Reaktor (way in my previous-reaktorish life :back:)…
And I would by all means preserve some of you previous betas with that nice feature - just in case :wink:

:joy::joy::joy: thanks man, i was having some severe issues with this. genius…

3 Likes

Finally I finished v1.1.0 of PackOne and it is now available in the Library!
I added the new module MIDI-CAT to the collection. It is an extended version of MIDI-MAP of the Core plugin:

• It can be configured for an MIDI output port to send controller feedback, all your controls get initalized on patch-loading if your controller supports it!
  • It has two different pickup-modes for controllers without input and automatic adjustment, so your parameters won’t change until your controls reach their current positions.
  • It allows mapping of MIDI note messages, providing momentary-mode, momentary-mode with velocity and toggle-mode.
  • You can switch the module to “Locate and indicate” mode, which will help you to retrace your midi controls to the mapped module and parameter.

Full manual:

Additionally I added several featues to the other modules of my collection. For a complete changelog please refer to the opening post.

If you have any questions feel free to ask :smiley:

10 Likes

8Face random trigger, thanks!!!