Though I have limited time for modules in VCV Rack these days I’m starting again to play around with a few new and old ideas… so, I’d like to use this thread to discuss some of these ideas and add features before releasing the modules to the Libaray…
The first one is…
Device for mapping custom hotkeys or key combination. Initially I developed this module for generating triggers and gates from keyboard, later on I added support for special commands which are not available anywhere else and added support for mice with more than three buttons:
- Ability to learn any key combination (which is not already used in Rack)
- Ability to learn mouse buttons if your mouse has more than three button, can also be combined with modifiers (Shift, Alt, etc.)
- Can create triggers and gates for CV
- Provides copy and paste for parameter values
- Provides zooming features: zoom out for patch overview, zoom in on hovered module etc.
- Provides cable commands: rotate the top-most cable of a port, switch to next color etc.
- Provides access to a hidden framerate widget in Rack
If you have any other suggestions what could be useful on hotkeys please let me know. I will check if it can be done…
Development builds are available at my GitHub-repository. There are also some other new modules included which I will talk about later on but feel to try them out right now
A manual how to install these development builds can be found here: https://vcvrack.com/manual/Installing#installing-plugins-not-available-on-the-vcv-library