Zoom thumbnails in Module Browser

I’m sure a lot of people would enjoy it! :+1:

1 Like

could you make possible the old library back? ( without pictures)

Yes, I’ve done this, you can choose between „modified v1 browser“ and „v0.6 browser“.

6 Likes

wonderful <3

1 Like

Would love to see that, I can’t see a damn thing in the module browser and by gum I miss a favorites feature. Somebody please make a really cracking favorites module (I’m aware of the existing one).

So, here it is, the module is called “Mb”. Please don’t hit anyone if anything breaks :stuck_out_tongue:

Please note the disclaimer there: stoermelder's Idea und Development Thread

9 Likes

OH.MY.LORD… That is pure awesomeness Ben!!! You truly are a wizzard. Everyone should know about this plugin. Insta-template. Works perfectly on my Mac, even when the module is just sitting disabled in the patch. Me and my Rack thank you a 1000 times. You have been added to my Christmas list!

If it’s easy peasy for you to fix the contrast (white text please, bit larger text if possible) of the tooltips in the 1.x module browser, you get an extra kiss every Christmas!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, I’m glad I could provide something useful :slightly_smiling_face:

I took a look and it is a bit of a mess: I could change the text color but only for every menu item in Rack. The font size is hard-coded, this is not so easy to change. Maybe I can come up with something, we’ll see.

2 Likes

Ben, these modules im sure will be useful. I was late to the party and never experienced the 0.6 browser, thank you so much for allowing me to experience this, it is so much quicker to use, allowing me to keep in the flow. The magnified 1.0 browser is also really helpful, I have lost count of the number of times I have clicked on a similar looking module to the one I want. I have added this module to my starting template.

I am sure Assistant will be useful during development, but I need to spend some time with CTRL to understand it’s use.

Works fine for me, and my poor old eyes can make out what I’m adding to a patch now. Thanks much!

2 Likes

Thank you very much, this is great also to have the option of v0.6 browser just in case!

1 Like

The 0.6 browser is so fast, and has that delicious favorite list at the top :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

I’ve forgotten how snappy v0.6 was! I still like v1 but thumbnails caching doesn’t seem to work well for me, it’s still slow to display modules. But still, it’s quite useful to get previews sometimes!

2 Likes

Forgot how great the workflow of the 0.6 browser was with favorites. Didn’t encourage exploration as much as the 1.x version, but so fast.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am embarrassed to admit I don’t know what to do with the zip file (beyond extracting it)…can anyone direct this poor noob to some instructions?

2 Likes

Hi Ben,

A big ‘Thank You’ from my poor eyes for the ‘Mb’ module. This way is much better than the Windows Magnifier.

Best regards, Remo

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s wonderful to have the option of both. My dream module browser combines the snappiness and the favorites of the v0.6 browser, with the ability to show previews at the click of a button. Like, literally just a button click to go from the small-lean browser to the full-featured one, and back again. Actually my dream browser has more features than that, but that’s for another day…

1 Like

You literally just download the zip file, and plop it into your “plugins-v1” directory, and then restart VCV Rack - job done!

2 Likes

Thank you! You guys are great.

1 Like