Sounds from the crypt at Castle Modula.

I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I posted any new music here…

Here’s some relaxing ambience.

16 Likes

Beautiful! As I said on Marc’s topic, beautiful music and beautiful when a developer uses their own tools to make music.

2 Likes

What is this Matrix Sequencer?! I cannot find it anywhere.

Is it a new module that will be released?

It’s a prototype module I’ve been working on here and there to figure out if I need a matrix sequencer in my hardware modular. It currently resides in my private development collection. Not sure if/when it will be released - I’m not entirely convinced of it’s usefulness to be honest; at least in it’s current form.

1 Like

It looks / sounds very useful indeed. I hope you find time to progress with this.

1 Like

Using the new Multi-step and 64-step Sequencers (coming to the library soon):

13 Likes

Just getting back from traveling to see family for the holiday, this was a lovely track to listen to tonight! Also, cool to see the Lunetta modules sprinkled around, I love that they’re available in rack. My first hand-made synths were all 7400 series integrated circuits, and phase locked loops, really makes me smile to be able to dig through those modules looking for the right chip :slight_smile:

Any takes on good uses for the new VCV Reverb? I haven’t got a chance to try it out yet.

But, anyway, thanks for the track! I had that internal feeling of ‘Awwww’ when it faded out while I was typing. I sometimes get that with my own tracks and I feel like it’s pure egotism, so it’s nice to feel it with someone else’s track and think, ‘oh, that’s actually a real response!’

3 Likes

I haven’t really explored the VCV Reverb yet other than in the above patch. I think it sounds pretty good so far though.

1 Like

new lunetta AND Modula? my god

1 Like

Taking a new module (CV Stack ) for a test drive. This module is destined for release in v2.4.0 later this month.

The CV Stack is a special kind of sample and hold in the form of a FIFO/LIFO stack. Push up to 16 control voltages onto the stack and pop them back off again later in either first-in first-out or last-in first-out order (i.e. forward or reverse).

12 Likes

Love the new sequencers, I just read the manual from the MultiStep again, seems like the CV Step output could be lots of fun for ratcheting or modulation changes on repeated material. Can’t wait to experiment further with the new modules. I know you didn’t ask, but this is a “yes” vote for a matrix sequencer. I enjoy the rack much more because you decided to share your delightful work.

1 Like

Anyone that knows me knows I’m quite fond of a good Krell patch. Here’s a generative Krell style patch:

11 Likes
1 Like

So nice! Love the bass you’ve got on track 5, I need to get more familiar with the Supercell module. Keep hearing about its merits but have hardly used it so far.

A little bit of darkness created when testing a new burst generator module (coming soon in the next CM release)

15 Likes

Fantastic sound!! And really cool to see you patching so many of your own modules, what a great toolset you’ve built up for yourself and for all of us to use.

Do you ever publish these on any of the streaming platforms or bandcamp? I definitely wouldn’t mind an album of the sounds of Castle Modula to listen to while I work and think about things.

1 Like

I’ve had data “stacks” described as being like a spring-loaded plate stacker in a cafeteria. You push plates down into it, and pop them off.

3 Likes

Yep, that’s pretty much how a Last In First Out stack works!

1 Like

Thank you.

I haven’t published any of these anywhere other than You Tube and occasionally shared to facebook. I did want to assemble a collection of them for publishing to bandcamp but many of the above patches have been lost to the ether after a hard drive crash wiped them out.

1 Like

Oh, I always wondered where the terms push and pop came from, I would not be surprised if it was someone who worked in a cafeteria at some point!