Sounds from the crypt at Castle Modula.

check out the rack ears on this bae! Does not sound like other things I have heard lately.

whatĀ“s a quintizer?

It takes continuous ā€œvoltagesā€ and ā€œquantizesā€ it to the nearest desired note. Where desired coulld be ā€œ12 even tempered scalesā€, or ā€œc majorā€ or (almost) anything else. Itā€™s how you (typically) turn random voltages into ā€œnotesā€.

1 Like

sounds like a quantizer :slight_smile:

Yep, Quintizer is a quantizer. 5 of them in one package to be exact. I got sick of merging and splitting into/out of JWā€™s excellent Quantizer so I borrowed his code and tweaked it for my own personal use.

1 Like

I can roughly guess where this all ends, IĀ“ll start with making a custom blank module, maybe a 1HP with a fat cat on it.

I thought IĀ“d just make some strange noises with VCV, but I think it gets much deeperā€¦ Thanks :slight_smile:

oh, I misunderstood. sry :wink:

1 Like

no worries. as a redemption, I will shamelessly exploit your github demo :wink:

edit: well, my first module became a tutorialized sine wave, the catĀ“s too fat for 1HP :slight_smile:

and sorry for hijacking the thread. what a great way to spend a sunday.

3 Likes

Chebyhypershevmania.

9 Likes

ooooooooh, that is a very interesting drone! A good marriage of the Count and the @Squinky. :grinning:

1 Like

More Chebyhypershevmania.

3 Likes

yeah, really cool. that vocal drone that slowly goes up and down. sounds so good.

1 Like

Nice! Havenā€™t listened to the prior one yet but I will when I get to a quieter place.

Oh yeah, and Iā€™m going to need that Quintizer!

1 Like

Monday night atmospheric noise.

2 Likes

Because not everything has to be darkā€¦

9 Likes

very nice, love it. and I take the opportunity to thanks you for your module. I usually find the missing feature in Count Module collection :slight_smile: cheers

1 Like

Thank you.

Havenā€™t posted anything here for a while. Hereā€™s a little melancholic piece for a quiet locked-down Sunday night in.

7 Likes

Beautiful, the nights are drawing in and this track/patch is perfect for this time of year! Melancholy seeps into everyoneā€™s bones!!

1 Like

This is my performance from the September 2021 Mycelium Symposium.

8 Likes