sequence a particular step in a sequence

Not sure whether you still remember this older post further up in the thread. You could take a look as a use case.

As @cubistguitar wrote, you can use other modules (such as S&H) as the source of CV.

And you can connect CV to any step you’d like, even to the point of complete randomness of the resulting sequence.

I only have audiable notes on the addr-seq from 12-18 o´clock, is there a way to spread the pitches out so i will use 360 degrees of the encoders? I only have audiable notes on the addr-seq from 12-18 o´clock, is there a way to spread the pitches out so i will use 360 degrees of the encoders?

Change the range , every 1V is one octave so +/- 10V is 20 octaves and +/- 1V is 2 octaves.

1 Like

“you could just send another slower moving sequencer to just the input you want to change and have this sequencer change note once per sequence cycle”. Could you please explain this, what do i send with the second sequencer? Do you mean to send pitches or to send a “reset” signal?

I will try and make a sequencer of combining reftones like this into a sequential switch. Whats good is i can clearly see the pitch in the display and the encoders are stepped which is important for me.

What i am thinking is for next stage i might run in to problems when i want to use VCA to raise or lower the volume of “groups” of steps"

Is there maybe already a sequenccer that display pitches per step like this:

Its working, it is just the switch part, if i want to alternate step 1 between two reftones then how do i do that? I cannot put in to two cables in the same hole for step 1.

There are modules, such as HotTuna by NYSTHI or Chinenual’s NoteMeter, that show the note names. NoteMeter is polyphonic, which can be useful for displaying chord notes.

1 Like

You could use a switch, such as VCV Sequential Switch 4 to 1. It provides up to 4 inputs and 1 output. Set the selector to 2 and trigger the switch with a clock at a lower rate, in your case /6 if you have 6 steps.

Like @Alphagem-O said use a switch

Alright the NoteMeter now opened up for use of the normal sequencers… THANKS =)

Hello, why does clk 1 go to gate on synth, i added and removed it and i didnt notice any change, and why do you have a reset from clock into 8:1? I have an 8 step sequence now and i have a hard time finding the value on clock 2 that activates the switch every cycle, if i use other numbers (preferably odd) i get more switches or less swithces per cycle, but i cant get 1 switch per cycle…

My clock 2 does not switch every 8 on clock ration -8 on -8 all cycles sound the same, if -7 -6 and so on it switches

If you have 8 steps and the clock you use is x1 then the switch should happen on 1/8. If your clock is going x2 then the switch should happen on 2/8 (clock 1 / number of steps) which is /4.

Close the sustain on the synth and lower the attack you will here a difference.

The gate gates the ADSR of the synth (but you have to activate the env next to the level).

1 Like

When i set clock to ratio 1x i dont hear a change in ptich per cycle just, when it is more or less, also strangely i dont here a change on -8x.

Put checkmarks here : afbeelding afbeelding

And remove the one here :

afbeelding

Reset and try again.

I’m wrong

If 8 steps and clock 1 is x2 then clock 2 should be /8. and if clock 1 is x1 then 2 = 16.

1 Like

Yesss, i am SO greatful Yeager, i have been daydreaming of this moment =)

1 Like

Got it, i didnt understand first that i have to press the lamp in order to activate the encoder … =)

1 Like

what would now be the way to have variation in speed between steps on the 8:1. I.e to create variations in rythm? I am guessing something with the clock. one example As seen here at 9:30

Behringer 1027 Sequencer ~ back to the roots (youtube.com)

I achived something that sound similar on a simple step sequencer on the behringer crave with ratcheting but this is not ratcheting from what i can see on the light of the sequencer, it is the tempo of the clock that is changing i think.

I think it’s ratcheting and the clock is swung (clkd can’t do that you need fi clocked)

afbeelding