Seaside Modular Announcements Thread: v2.5.2

Wonderful, sounds very Japanese a la Yellow Magic Orchestra!! A wonderful thing indeed! Is the patch available to play with Lars?

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah, the eastern vibes dawned on me afterwards when my wife pointed it out. Iā€™ve now put the patch up here:

1 Like

@abluenautilus Maybe of interest ?

EDIT : I see they already reported it to Github, and you are already on the ball.

1 Like

Proteus v2.2.1 is now in the library that fixes the nasty crashing bug. Apologies!

4 Likes

Thanks, now it works safely :wink:

Great video showing a generative patch from scratch with multiple Proteus modules, thanks to Omri Cohen:

5 Likes

Hi all,

I am working on an expander for Proteus that adds a Pattern Bank where you can save melodies that you would like to return to. Also adds Transpose and Rest controls to add rest notes between loops.

I have a second new module which is a tanpura simulator called Jawari.

Looking to get as much testing of these as possible before submitting them to the library, so if anyone is interested in trying them out, please have at it :slight_smile:

https://github.com/abluenautilus/SeasideModularVCV

11 Likes

Thanks, that sounds really interesting. I love the sounds of the Tanpura so really looking forward to giving Jawari a spin. Will try and get some testing done.

1 Like

I canā€™t see any ready packages in Github so is this strictly build-yourself?

Ah yeah I should have mentioned that. You can find the .vcvplugin for mac in the dist folder, but if you are on another system youā€™ll need to build.

Lucky me Iā€™m on Mac so I got it and it loads. The first issue is that Jawari uses 12% CPU which is way too highā€¦ An acceptable max. level, as measured on my machine, where people would actually use this is 2 max. 4% I would say.

Here on this M1 I have not even a fully loaded Mixmaster 16 channel using 4% CPU. Jawari uses 11.9%, Are you doing major calcs every single sample @abluenautilus ? Definitely needs some major optimization work, run some profiling tools on it to see what chews up that much CPUā€¦

Agreed thatā€™s way too much CPU, will investigate. Thank you!

edit: thankfully itā€™s not the sound processing itself, it was some inefficient and way-too-frequent calculation of the frequency changes based on the transpose and octave knobs.

4 Likes

I really would like to try them, but I need a win binary as I donā€™t build from source

Jawari CPU hovers around 30% on linux. Also, sometimes when adding a duplicate, the original stops making any noise and the duplicate is constant and distorted.

1 Like

I have shared builds here:

https://hidrive.ionos.com/share/3kt17-e3fn

the link is valid for 30 days.

edit: new build, same filenames

6 Likes

Tested on PC Win 10 Latest rack release Moves between %48-50

here on Win 11 itā€™s the same around 50%
tho the sound is really superb, :+1:
I really like it through rackwindows MV.

1 Like

Between 16-21% on Mac

New version on github gives me 2% CPU usage, hope it fixes it for you guys too.

Appreciate you all catching this issue for me.

2 Likes