plugins that are questionable whether there will be V2 updates

If you’re referring to a Repelzen v2 port, no I’ve not done a PR.

I do have a working v2 build though, that includes iggylabs’ PR for Re-Win and Re-Trig polyphony output from a year ago that was done for v1.

I can do one if you like… :writing_hand:

2 Likes

That would be great.

OK as you asked sooo nicely! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll have to do it tomorrow now, I’ll drop by here to let you know when it’s done.

2 Likes

I was actually referring to post 174 - “Ben (ablaut) has previously said he would update them, and Repelzen”

If you could build it that would be awesome! Again, it looks like only re-win (Erwin) and re-mix are the problem modules, others seem to work fine without modifying source.

None of the modules are a problem (what OS are you on?) they can be built with just a simple plugin.json version change. I’ll be doing a full v2 PR tomorrow.

1 Like

Windows 10. Yes, I did the plugin.json version change and got four modules to work. But if either re-win or re-mix are in the build VCV crashes when I open the module browser. Again, I’m a beginner at all of this. Looking forward to your build!

No, the creator of them @ablaut (together with @pyer ) has previously said he would update them to v2. No timeline given though and he has been absent for a while.

Sounds like something is not up to date in your build toolset chain/environment. I get no crashes on Windows.

1 Like

Any news on Blamsoft? XFX is the one I really dearly miss. And I certainly wouldn’t mind getting the reverb and filter back!

4 Likes

Not that I’m aware - I emailed a while back but no answer as yet.

Would be a real shame if Blamsoft never made it to v2

2 Likes

I’ll be missing XFX Wave also very badly.

I did a some searches and found out that:

1. Last presence on social media by Blamsoft was around summer last year on twitter but account now deleted.
  2. Websit not updated the past 2 years
  3. Company Blamsoft inc, Spokane WA was dissolved September 3rd 2019
  4. NO trace of either Andrew Best (former CEO) or Ryan Best (agent) of Blamsoft inc.
  5. Cant find any repo on github either (I thought i read somewhere here that Blamsoft made their plug-ins public)
2 Likes

They made them free (they were previously commercial), the source remained closed though.

Not many positive signs in that list…

I also emailed them a few days ago. No response so far. I guess the problem is that they used some code, they also use in commercial software, so they don’t want to make it open source. On the other hand, it does not bring them any revenue to update the free plugins.

I mentioned in the email that it should that some of us could help under a non-diclosure agreement or similar. Let’s see whether there will be any response.

4 Likes

:pray:t3:

any word on amalgamated harmonics?

3 Likes

Poking again at the same bear, any news on Axioma ? I miss Tesseract dearly, and also Ikeda… Beside that V2 is AWESOME.

PR posted Pull requests · wiqid/repelzen · GitHub

Windows build: Windows test build of v2 migration PR (includes iggylabs' PR) · Issue #1 · SteveRussell33/repelzen · GitHub

3 Likes

Here’s a link to the Lomas github issue where I posted a V2 built plugin for all three platforms. I’ve also posted a PR for the dev that adds a few more fixes to the one that @steve did in the hopes that the dev will merge and push to the library. Until then, enjoy the one above.

6 Likes

I completed the V2 port of alto777_LFSR and qwelk. They needed a bit more then just a manifest change, but nothing major. I’ve posted PRs for both devs in the hopes they’ll merge and push to the library. Until then, I’ve posted V2 pre-built binaries for all platforms in each of the respective github repos. You can get to them here: alto777_LFSR and qwelk.

7 Likes

That’s great news. I’ll find some time to play around with them tomorrow.