Pics Of Your Studio

Temporary dining room Rack development setup

17 Likes

plus big programming skillz :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My ā€˜studioā€™ is actually the back half of my lounge and Iā€™m still trying to organise everything to be within an armā€™s reach via swivel chair. Got a cheap folding table from Amazon and a 10 way USB 3 hub yesterday and it has helped move a lot of gear off my desk. Still work needed and I need a big clear out, but happy with progress so far.

6 Likes

Nice :smiley: What bass is this btw ?

Just a cheap Ibanez GSR 200 I picked up for Ā£100 in a guitar storeā€™s closing down sale a few years ago. Itā€™s pretty good actually and even has an active circuit (which I never use).

1 Like

My ā€œstudioā€ is actually a card table set up in a guest room in the basement, but ā€œcard table in the middle of the roomā€ actually has pretty nice acoustic properties!

I like to keep my gear very minimal (and Iā€™m sure my wife appreciates it!). The laptop is a Dell XPS-15 (which wasnā€™t chosen for its audio capabilities, but itā€™s a nice laptop) running Arch. Ardour is my main DAW.

I have Alesis M1Active 520USB studio monitors, which are compact but quite nice. I also have a Focusrite Scarlet (the good one: Rev 2 is class-compliant, which is an important consideration for a Linux user). I donā€™t often use the Scarlet, though. The audio interface in the speakers is usually sufficient.

Lastly I have the Arturia Keystep which is also rarely used.

3 Likes

Bit of a re-arrange since the last post. After many dramas which I wonā€™t go into, I finally got my dedicated VCV Rack laptop stable and integrated with the physical modular. Time for some hybrid hi-jinks!

39 Likes

Finally you got completely rid of the window.

3 Likes

Find it amusing that your main controller for all that is what looks like a bog standard M-Audio Keystation rather than an Osmose or the like.

I think your studio is the anti-studio of mine, and vice versa.

I hope they never collideā€¦

I finally got my dedicated VCV Rack laptop stable and integrated with the physical modular

Do you use an Expert Sleeper module? That seems to be the way most folks do that.

2 Likes

Re antistudio: Same here. My studio is an old Optiplex 9010 with a bunch of controllers hooked up and fed to an amp. I have a few other boxes on the net and a few more controllers to enlist if I get weird ideas.

2 Likes

Iā€™m getting serious studio envy here ā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t on my account. All of my fast-ish computers are 2nd hand 2013-2014 era Dell biz boxes I picked up on the cheap or free except for a i7 box I built from parts in 2013. Even the 48 port GigE switch that strings all this garbage together was something a trash picker friend found when scrounging dumpsters.

I said this before.

Serious studio envy without the wallet envy! Re-arranging my studio involves moving stuff to dust.

2 Likes

Proper Boss

1 Like

Yep, ES-9 with an ES-5 expander.

1 Like

The keystation is connected to my studio mac and serves only as a controller for playing stuff in for Logic.

I donā€™t really use controllers on the modular but I do have a couple of Roland 100m keyboards if want to play it traditionally.

1 Like

Kind sir,

Are you a gazzilionare? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

i regret selling my k5000s. very underrated. i dont think many people bought them.

1 Like

The guy in Journey endorsed those. There used to be a Kawai promo poster of him playing one, and sitting in front of my sequencer. KAWAI

2 Likes