Pics Of Your Studio

Kewl! The early Journey keyboard player (well, the whole band) was awesome. Obligatory taster:

Is that the Kawai keyboard we’re hearing in the beginning?

1 Like

Nice bat cave. Don’t know what all the knobs are, but I like what’s in the middle on the floor in the boxes. The top left looks fine too :wink:

1 Like

Yes, I guess early journey was more of a prog band. They had all just come from being the Santana band. Then of course new singers… pop hits…

1 Like

Ooohh, I didn’t know that, nice bit of trivia. Explains my love for early Journey, being a big Santana and prog fan here :slight_smile:

I think that’s my cue to go watch that Santana at Woodstock video. I assume you know that one?

2 Likes

6 Likes

Do you like that modular volca?

I have one, and I love that is battery powered, but I much prefer the Bastl Kastle that I bought after it. The Volca is a great little instrument, and is fun to patch, but its range of timbres is limited.

1 Like

Come on @synthi ! Let’s see where this cable is going? :wink:

1 Like

looks like that is possibly a K3. those sound great.

it’s a nice toy, for €100
can’t be a modular school: too weird the patching
but 2 vco, waveshaper, 2 envelopes, 2 lpg, a reverb, a ring modulator, a sequencer, a keyboard, microtuning it’s a lot for €100
better than behringer

3 Likes

That opening sounds like a model D lead to my ears. I’ve heard many early leads of that character.

Hahaha, sadly not. I’ve just been doing this for a long time.

I think you’re right. I got mine half price brand new as the dealer was running them out when they were discontinued.

I think I’m the one that submitted it more than once to the “what are you listening to” topic :laughing: One of my top-fave videos of all time…

I think you’re right actually. And I forgot how good Jean-Luc Ponty is, sigh…

Oh Antonio, I know without expectation there’s no disappointment. Still I expected at least you’d have the lid off that. Actually I hoped for all its intestines spilled over the keyboard with many probes on them and an AI soft running in the background compiling your 362nd module. I may have lost count though.

Cheers.

1 Like

Wow, a Happy the Man shoutout!!. As a college student in Washington, DC in the 70’s, HTM was one of the bands my circle of nerds sought out every time they played. I still have my HTM albums. Very obscure for most non-Washingtonians.

1 Like

I post it whenever I get the chance. I just can’t imagine what all those white hippies must have thought of all that! There wasn’t much like that around then.

1 Like

That’s why we’re still struggling with the question “Is this or isn’t this ProgRock?” By the way, in 1971 we had this one: Titanic - Sultana • TopPop - YouTube, but that’s just what you call “a blatant rip-off”.