Pics Of Your Studio

Wow!

Great combination. Mixbus and VCVRack = Analog Righteousness.

1 Like

You will laugh at my goofy setup, but it works for me:

VCV is running on a 10yo Dell i3 that is about to get a major rebuild. There is a Steinberg UR22 audio interface, but my main audio is via HDMI to an Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2 Atmos receiver driving a Bose center channel and a/d/s L1230 main speakers. Have owned the a/d/s since 1986 and they will be on my funeral pyre! Monitor is a 50" LCD, necessary for my poor, old eyes.

Also have the Arturia Keystep, and NI S49 and Maschine controllers in the picture, but MANY other toys, keyboards, synths, recording gear and musical instruments spread out through my house.

• Paul “Uncle Chrome” Artola Ellicott City, Maryland, USA.
14 Likes

Proper

1 Like

Grabbed an icon i-creativ off ebay so figured I’d mount it on a board along with my x-touch mini & nanopad, fits perfectly on my knees so now I can relax in my comfy chair away from the PC and noodle away with no need for mouse or keyboard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

serge fenix tower

9 Likes

9 Likes

And a picture of our muse. :wink:

1 Like

My perpetually messy work/play area.

4 Likes

The other day, I had the sudden idea of taking a picture of my small “music studio workplace”, and this prompt a proper “I gotta clean up first”. Hahahahaha.

Now, some of you may comment: “Wow, this is clean”, (at least I think it is now :wink: ), but I can assure you that an hour before taking the picture, it was a messy desktop, as I accumulate papers, and objects, and then dusts sits in on and in between all those objects, and then…, and then… Well, you know the drill.

I can only hope that I can stay disciplined enough and keep it that way, for a longer period than usual :slight_smile: .

There is still a residual, ever lasting, cable management failure to be address among a few other things. Meh!

Anyway, this is pretty much where I spend my days.

11 Likes

Proper!

A peak behind the crypt door at Castle Modula.

49 Likes

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

Same reaction Lars! Gear more important than windows, gotta love that passion :wink:

6 Likes

Love the bats!

3 Likes

demonios

3 Likes

Absolutely Amazing

1 Like

Why have light, when you can have bats.

3 Likes

Holy crap, Batman! That’s a lot of toys!!! :astonished: :star_struck:

4 Likes

I’m not showing you my “studio” but if you imagine one black desktop PC with one 24 inch monitor and black qwerty keyboard and mouse flanked by beige Tiny computer speakers from 20 years ago, that would be a start. For arcane reasons a misshapen piece of cardboard covers the harddisk light. Now imagine that the monitor is balanced on top of two ancient encyclopedia volumes. All this stuff (along with various rubbish and some pens) sits on top of a post war dining table and is covered in dust. Alongside the dining table is a repurposed coffee table heaped with various rubbish including the remnants of several years of prescription medicine and a large pile of partread books. The pile harbors many pretentious authors names (Pynchon and Gaddis for instance).

As for the rest of the room…I think I’ll leave that to the imagination of the reader.

10 Likes