Pics Of Your Studio

Proper!

1 Like

I’ve seen you use ‘Proper!’ as an adjective a few times @browneditor

Down here in Cornwall, south west England, that is common term of approval. I’ve never heard it used elsewhere in the country, let alone the rest of the world.

Properrrr ! (It has a rolling ‘r’ in these parrrrrts :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@Nik I watch a lot of BBC television and I always here them say something like a proper flat or something. So I started using it based on the occasion.

2 Likes

17 Likes

I love the name Source D’Énergie.

THAT looks like a lot of fun. And I appreciate the clean aesthetic. I imagine it is very easy to get into a state of flow in that room.

Thanks! Yea, this is the result of about 2 years of downsizing my setup, and I’m pretty happy with it.

Night time in The Rebel Base studio. Everything is off, no flashy lights… because it’s mainly Rack and Star Wars around here. :smiley:

18 Likes

Proper!

1 Like

West Cornwall - UK.

6 months ago. Currently undergoing a refit, re-jig, upgrade/sidegrade, reorganisation, clarifications.

18 Likes

Proper

Only a partial view of the gear, but got the cat at least! :wink:

15 Likes

Are those Yamaha HS5 monitors? Do you like their sound? Is the rear bass port an issue? How’s the bass in the room?

Hi Lars, those are modified HS8. I have the bass switch at the back set at -4dB, because they are too close to the wall and can in effect have too much bass for some tastes. The bass is very very nice though, and I really like them :slight_smile: The small modification I did is this one:

That photo is ace.

1 Like

Not much but it keeps me out of trouble.

12 Likes

Favorite spot at home :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Racket central. On the left Harrison Mixbus & plugins, on the right ‘kitchen cam’, jack control, carla patchbay / vst host & system monitoring. There’s an active sub under the desk good to around 20Hz, everything run through a 7.1 cinema amp, though it’s 2.1 atm as I’ve had a move around and haven’t plumbed the other speakers in again yet. Audio recording through a Behringer UMC202HD.

16 Likes

Woah. That’s quite a setup. What are you using Rack for in this photo, the patch look quite interesting?

Nothing particularly specific, it’s a work in progress attempting to arrive at a semi-fixed configuration to use as a template. You can probably tell that I’m rather fond of ZZC Phaseque :slight_smile:

1 Like