Pics Of Your Studio

Is there a connection? - now you have me wondering if the sporran is worn to cover one’s modesty in the sauna…

1 Like

I’m not seeing them. I think what you may be seeing is that he leather on the back of the chain looks sort of like drones. It’s a mystery.

1 Like

Indeed it is a sporran hanging on the wall 'twixt wife’s closet and a bathroom. It once belonged to my wife’s sister’s second husband, of proud Scots heritage. Alas no pipes came with that inheritance, but the Continuum carries a number of suitable presets, some that drone beutifully. The sauna is currently basically a closet storing instrument cases and extra wall space to hang the strings.

1 Like

No turning back now. :heart_eyes:

Befaco’s method of delivering knurlies with modules is pretty funny.

2 Likes

This little beauty arrived in the post today. It was a nice serendipity to order it about a week ago and then a couple days later see it appear in the VCV library. :heart_eyes:

Now, where to put it? :thinking:

6 Likes

the stack

16 Likes

Meet the rather lovely Vālvs, a cascading quad tube VCA built with NOS Soviet 1Ж24Б tubes; as used in the Спутник 1 satellite and Восток 1 spacecraft. It’s a design from Olly Berry, and inspired by the work of Ken Stone, L-1 and Émilie Gillet (GitHub - ob1techno/valvs: A cascading quad tube VCA module in Eurorack format.).

At 32HP it is a seriously extravagant use of rack space but it sounds even better than it looks.

It was a very enjoyable (and different) build too, though with a lot of trimmers to calibrate it. I settled in the end on a different tone from each VCA rather than trying to match them.

12 Likes

Nice, have seen that on the Pusherman site and it did look intriguing, I just don’t have that much spare hp for now.

1 Like

I saw it in a couple of videos and was intrigued. I couldn’t believe my luck when it popped up on Pusherman.

New house, new studio / office.

5 Likes

Always a good idea to have some emergency toilet roll in the studio! :wink:

2 Likes

I laughed at that also :wink: But, I am sure that is for wiping away tears of joy from making and listening to music :rofl:

2 Likes

Always a good idea to have an emergency fez in the studio

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure I will not be posting a pic of my “studio” as there is no telling what all strange stuff would be there that have become invisible to me. My studio looks more like a mad scientist archeological site than a studio :wink: More of the paper is theoretical physics string theory related. The hardware has 37 years of history in it. And it is all networked together with hundreds of wires and cables. Nope, probably not going to embarrass myself with a pic.

1 Like

Oh go on… ‘mad scientist’ studios are my favourite!

7 Likes

What Steve said :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haven’t found a place for everything yet, my midi keyboard and guitars are still in storage. Just found a frame for Mr Zappa after many years so I’m glad that has a home now.

2 Likes

I too have my studio kit in front of me with Frank looking down from the left.

2 Likes

go and document it :wink:

1 Like

I should write a local network-crawling spider and let it figure out the “web”.