Pics Of Your Studio

So, what’s the flightstick for?

Flying. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, mostly small general aviation aircraft like cessnas.

1 Like

Not ready for a pic yet, but bought a bigger desk and a dual monitor stand that frees up all the desk space. It’s a revelation, finally can play keys and look at the monitor in front of me. It’s financially dangerous though because it now means I have a slot free on my dual keyboard stand and I can almost hear my wallet crying in anticipation.

1 Like

Have you tried printing an Aruco marker to have a makeshift Track IR ? It boosts immersion a lot ! I can’t play Flight sims without now hehe

Ah, I really want(ed) to get into it, and had - among other flights - a good time randomly throwing myself somewhere between Dortmund and Essen and then, along the Ruhr and the A43, finding my childhood home but that game is a benchmark test for my computer and it just doesn’t quite pass it…

Is it fast and reliable? I tried a lot of those options mostly for Elite: Dangerous, including ones that made me look really silly but none of them were worth the hassle…

I actually built an EDTracker from hobbycomponents, but that had too much drift. And as I said earlier, I then reminded myself, that often the original is the best… and bought a TrackIR 5, you can see the reveiver mounted to my display.

Oh indeed, it is. But an update to my PC was overdue, so I build a nice machine last october/november. I had the unbelievable luck to get a Ryzen 5 5600x and a RTX 3080 for MSRP while shopping at 3 o’clock in the morning. I think the german shops did not realize what kind of a shortage they should expect and the first CPUs and GPUs were sold not overprized. Well that changed. If I would sell my PC at the moment I would get +500€ for it, if not more… BTW, that Ryzen is a wonderful CPU for VCV.

3 Likes

Th aruco does make me look silly lol. basically it’s a 12x12 cardboard piece that i strap to a cap on my head. But it works rather well ! I use it in IL2 and it’s rather reliable. So for civilian flight, where you don’t need to always look around as much, imo it should work quite well :slight_smile:

where I spend most of my time (1st floor)

where I go to hide (basement)

17 Likes

I don’t know how easy it would be to hide with those large speakers, someone’s bound to hear you.

2 Likes

That looks like an old XBoard. I’ve got one of those with a flaky octave button.

I’d spend most of my time in the basement and occasionally hide upstairs :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, it’s an old xboard but it works.

I wish I could do that.

Proper!

That’s one of the sexiest things I’ve seen on this board in a long time!

My wife and I – who both studied physics at univerity – have three HP-15C’s between us, and you can be damn well sure that the calculator app on my phone is an emulation.

RPN forever!

1 Like

14 Likes

wow, this monitor stand stands on monitors! :slight_smile: I have the pair of 2031a btw

1 Like

the envy is possessing me… so many HP calculators…

1 Like

… it hurts… so many HP calculators…

My consolation is that your calculators are bad at symbolic algebra. I have a 49G, 49G+ and 50G.

2 Likes