That was really enjoyable Lars!

1 Like

Very nice Lars!

1 Like

Well done Lars, nice and smooth!

1 Like

Pretty good one Lars!

1 Like

Continuing my Valley challenge - this is “Dexters Dream”.

Oh boy… Dexter is a wonderful monster to explore, and it should be clear that I don’t have a clue what I’m doing yet, but I’m having fun. More exploration of Dexter coming for sure, and yes Omri, I know I need to watch your tutorial again :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I like this one. Very tasty textures there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m with Jim here… Really interesting and evolving textures going on… and some very nice sonic movement… The chord changes are pretty cool too given what you are doing and the limitations of such… Finally, Dexter is a bit of an underused beast for sure… Maybe the initial learning curve for it seems too steep for some to tackle but it really is worth digging into and for sure, Omri’s video on it, is well worth watching (repeatedly) :slight_smile:

Nice work Lars!! Thank you for sharing as always…

1 Like

Thanks very much Jim!

That’s very kind Nigel, thanks! I remember Omri’s video to be quite instructive and I need to absorb it again. I’m determined to try and milk all the juices out of Dexter if I’m up to it. It seems like there’s an awful lot of different things you could get out of it. And it just sounds great.

Fabulous - rich layers of sound dripping with harmonies - lovely work!

1 Like

Thanks very much Al!

More playing with the Valley plugin. This laid back piece is “Dexter Enjoys a Day in the Sunshine”.

This time I’m playing Dexter as 4 individual oscillators, and Interzone is playing the occasional background swells.

All notes are supplied by Bohingler from NYSTHI, and they are quantized by Erwin from Aepelzen.

The Resonator, in “Sympathetic Strings” mode, is playing the occasional strumming of strings, being triggered by the Burst! module from Aepelzen.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Very cool project. Remind me Kitaro music.

1 Like

Nice composition, a few modules I’ve never seen before! Liking the burst and the vibrato violin

1 Like

More really good music from Lars… If there are some people out there who have never taken the time to listen to your music then, now’s as good a time to start, than ever :slight_smile: Really enjoyable and very interesting to listen to and understand as always. Thanks Lars for all you do… Cheers, Nigel

1 Like

Hey, thanks very much Nigel, that’s very kind. And may I say- Thank you for all that you have done for the Rack community!

1 Like

I’m still in the Valley and this is “Dexter Goes To Berlin”.

The constant swelling FM voice is the A voice from Dexter, modulated by Caudal. Notes are provided from Alan through the Quantum.

The brighter of the two short voices in the ongoing sequence is the B voice of Dexter, and the darker of them is the FM-OP. They are both provided a simple 4-note sequence from Seq-4, which is run through Evolution and Quantum, and finally treated to some delay with the Dual Delay from MSM. They are offset by using respectively Out 1 and Out 2 of Evolution, and slightly different delay times.

A note on Evolution: This is a bloddy genius module! I thoroughly regret discarding it early on because I didn’t understand it, but re-watching the Klirrfactor tutorial made it more clear. It’s a surprisingly versatile module in such a small package, and it’s heavenly for someone like me, who likes slowly changing and morphing sequences. Pairing it with Quantum just makes it even better. Fantastic module; well done and thanks to Martin Lueders!

I think the volume is a bit low on this one, so it should probably be played loud. Enjoy!

The patch is here if anyone want’s to play with it:
https://patchstorage.com/dexter-goes-to-berlin/

3 Likes

Another great one! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you maestro!

1 Like

Oh yes- really nice patch - love the slowly evolving theme and chords, gentle modulations going on with Dexter, definitely be having a play with this patch - thanks for sharing!

1 Like