Noodlings of Lars

Hey, thanks a bunch Al! Very glad you like it, and you’re welcome!

Excellent patch Lars! Those voices, chords, & melodies sound so nice!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Adi! Glad you liked it.

Last patch of my self-imposed Valley challenge - This is “Amalgamations In The Interzone”, and it basically includes all the modules in the Valley plugin.

The lead sequence is a self-generative thing, playing the A and B voices of Dexter in full FM glory. Topograph supplies the rhythm and Xycloid supplies the raw note material, which is then slowly morphed by Evolution into an ever evolving 5-note sequence quantized to D# Pentatonic.

The first Interzone is playing the mid-bass, cycling up and down, and the ouput is suitably distorted by Amalgam in ringmod2 mode.

The second Interzone plays the bass and the Macro Oscillator 2 in “Analog hi-hat” mode supplies the high-pitched “claps”.

Also, for the first time I’m emplying a limiter module in Rack, to get the volume up which has been a problem. That’s the LMTR from Bogaudio, and my expert usage consists of cranking the Out Gain knob to 5 db. It seems to have worked fine and not destroyed the sound. Perhaps it’s taken the edge of the dynamics, but that’s what these things do, so it sounds acceptable.

Enjoy!

The patch is here for your destructive pleasures:
https://patchstorage.com/amalgamations-in-the-interzone/

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Lars! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks very much Jim! :blush:

Sounds great Lars!

1 Like

My humble tribute to Brian Eno. A musical genius whose groundbreaking work has inspired countless musicians, and certainly had a profound impact on the development of my own musical universe. He pioneered and named the ambient genre and for that he deserves a lot of credit.

This is my first play with Foundry which is quite a beast of a sequencer.
There’s two FM voices from Dexter and one from the little NYSTHI FM operators.
And there’s a Choir VST from Spitfire LABS in Host.

This one is for the slowheads. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Wow Lars, you been holding out on us! Incredible sounds!

1 Like

That was fantastic!

1 Like

Thanks very much Jim, I’m very happy you like it! The perfectionist took over whilst I was looking away, endlessly fiddling with this patch, and that’s never good, so I had to boot him out and finish the damn thing. I did learn a lot in the process though and that’s the important thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Adi, makes me happy :blush:

1 Like

Very nice, gentle, considered, lots of space, every note counts - like this a lot!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch Al, happy you like it!

A little sequencing noodle on this fine Saturday…

5 Likes

Nice one. I like what you did with XFX oscillator. Using it in a patch right now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Jim! Yeah, I really like the XFX Wave, it makes some gorgeous sounds :slight_smile:

I finally got around to playing with the Amalgamated Harmonics::Galaxy module. It’s a really nice module for generative melodies, and I quite like it. It also pairs really well with the Quantum Multiverse. Nice!

Another first play for me is the little Animated Circuits::Slic module, which is playing the bass here. That’s another really nice module that I’ll definately be using again.

The Macro Oscillator 2 is playing the lead drone and the Resonator does the string plucks.

I’m using the sequential switch to change between five different scales on the Multiverse during playing, and this is where the Multiverse shows one of its biggest strengths. It’s an awesome thing to be able to do, and it’s such a brilliant module.

3 Likes

Sounds good there Lars. I need to try the Quantum Multiverse. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Another good one Lars. Good ideas and choices. I still haven’t tried Galaxy yet…

The transition around 1:18 sounds a little odd (or is it just me?). Is that from a scale change?

1 Like