Noodlings of Lars

Hey folks! Hope you’re all doing well. Here’s a slow piece played on a little synth I’m working on. Lots of subtle modulations and it’s definately a headphone track. Enjoy…

2 Likes

I always enjoyed mixing and sampling LFO’s to generate sequences and melodies. It’s totally deterministic but can yield some lovely and complex melodies with some fiddling. Very pleasing to my ears.

1 Like

Wonderful and yet so simple a patch! A right smasher!

1 Like

Fishing deeper in the waters of LFO generated sequences. I think there’s a lot more down there…

2 Likes

Here’s my entry for VCP-72, thanks for keeping these going Ben!

Ice Tray is certainly a very interesting module. It’s also a bit challenging to wrap your head around it, and get something going that is musically satisfying.

In this patch I have two voices, both sequenced by the equally brilliant Glass Pane, also by Path Set. One voice is from the wonderful docB::Pad oscillator split two ways. One leg going straight to the mixer and the other going through Ice Tray.

The other being played by Basal, to anchor the whole piece.

It’s a slow, dreamy ambient piece, and good headphones are definately recommended for this one, there’s some good low frequency content there. Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here:

1 Like

This is my contribution to VCP-73.

All notes are sampled (S&H) from LFO’s (Stages) and triggered from the very nice docB::PwmClock. There are four voices, from respectively XFX-Wave, docB::PAD2, Rings and Bleak.

1 Like

My submission to VCP-74. The challenge is to make a patch making good use of Tides2, and secondarily only use the VCV Fundamentals and Audible Instruments (Mutable Instruments) modules. Tides2 is a wonderful and very versatile module. Sounds great as VCO and I love that chords mode.

4 Likes

Three instances of the Proteus generative sequencer having at it. It has become my favorite note and gate generator in Rack after the latest update.

5 Likes

Spent some time messing around with the new “Dark Energy” oscillator. I can get a wide variety of really nice timbres from this one, and it’s a joy how lean it is on the CPU, and often you don’t even need a filter after it.

Of course then I used the CPU budget right back in playing with the new “Airwindows” effects. Man, they’re really interesting some of them and it’ll take a lifetime getting through all of them. Great stuff!

And I must say - the “Tap Dancer” delay is pure joy, such a brilliant sounding module! And “Ions” is a wonderful sequencer as always :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Testing an interesting sequencer (commercial) coming to VCV Rack. It’s fun, different, deep and requires you to wrap your head around it…

And may I just say again how friggin awesome the Surge XT plugin is!

2 Likes

Looks and sounds very interesting!

1 Like

Some testing today of another upcoming, commercial sequencer for VCV Rack. Some good things to look forward to …

4 Likes

Nice! Looks like a very musical module. Will it also take an address besides a clock? As in can we drive with a clock-phase signal :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Dan! Yeah, it IS very musical, that was my first reflection. No, it only takes a clock, as it is.

Looks like some quality modules will be dropping soon from JPLab. This one seems to have a nice balance of user control vs random modulation of the sequence.

And nice to see some Venom quietly doing its thing :heart:

1 Like

Actually it turns out I was wrong about this and didn’t read the manual thoroughly enough. It does indeed have a mode where the step is addressable.

1 Like

Testing another brilliant upcoming commercial sequencer from JPLab - Star Matrix. Very inventive stuff, you can look forward to it!

My contribution to the Very Cool Patch contest #75. A slow and spacious patch with me using galactic amounts of the fabulous AirWindows plugin :slight_smile: Definately a headphone piece.

It really is a wonderful plugin, so here goes many thanks to Chris and Paul for bringing us this in VCV Rack! I feel like I’ve only begun to scratch the surface of it, and that it’s a lifetime’s worth of exploration in itself.

The patch is three voices. Tempo and gates are courtesey of the docB::PwmClock with some swing applied.

Melody is by the Proteus sequencer with it’s expander. I’ve pre-generated some sequences with Proteus I liked, for each of the three voices, and saved them with the expander, and I’m changing through those saved sequences using the clock and ML:Counter modules.

The bass voice is Tides2 in chords mode and I split the voice in two: The bass notes themselves, and then, through the Capacitor2 highpass filter, I use the wonderful TapeDelay2 module to create the ghostly overlay for the bass.

The Surge::Wavetable VCO lead voice gets some delay and spacious Galactic reverb.

The third voice is triggered by the Repelzen::Re-burst, as a burst of 4 notes, playing the wonderful docB::Pad VCO, with a royal treatment of tape delay and two reverbs.

Of the modes I tried in AirWindows, the TapeDelay2 mode is probably my favorite so far, closely followed by the Galactic reverb.

Enjoy!

1 Like

My contribution to VCP-76 - A “One Voice” patch. Mostly an excuse to play with the new, lovely Cytomic CF-100 filter, and the Surge Delay which is just great as well.

1 Like

Strictly speaking it’s not really “one voice” it’s one polyphonic VCO :wink: but it’s lovely and I like it.

EDIT : I just saw you figured it out yourself in the other post

1 Like