Noodlings of Lars

I’d use that more if i knew what the “width” knobs actually did.

My expert usage so far is simply turning the lower width knob to the right, which gives the stereo widening effect. It’s easier to hear than to explain, but it basically lowers the volume of the center of the audio field and raises it at the edges of the field. You can do the opposite as well, extremely mono-fying it, making a weird audio version of tunnel-vision.

1 Like

Dear Rackanteurs
I want to share with you the outcome from this fine Saturday of musical fiddling and noodling.

At the heart of this piece is a further experiment with the new VCV:Chords module. There’s two Plaits in chords mode, playing some organ’ish voices, slightly different in timbre, playing each their sequence from two Chords modules, each of which are playing 4 different but related chords through sequential switches.

An EvenVCO square wave is playing a staccato voice through a low pass gate, sequenced by Grids (uGraph) with some pulse wave modulation added. Pico drums for the kick.

On top, XFX Wawe is droning with my favorite wave table (Modern Plasma). Various utilities makes the thing come alive a bit.

Hope you’ll enjoy it, as I did making it.

5 Likes

The beginning has a Dos videogame vibe, really cool Lars !

1 Like

:blush: Thanks Olival!

1 Like

My entry to VCP-40:

Sounds great! Hope this weekend will have that beautiful outcome as well… That chord module seems so cool.

Keep up the good work!

/Klas

1 Like

Thanks Klas, happy you like it. Yeah, Saturday tends to be my music day of relaxation and forgetting the work week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Greg Brouelette (aka. Modular Curiosity) did a video and re-ignited my love of interleaved and offset repetitive sequences, and all things Steve Reich and minimalism. Thus inspired, this piece is the result.

As usual, Rings, Saws and Vult never fails to deliver and Foundry is an awesome sequencer. Best played LOUD. Enjoy!

9 Likes

Another great one Lars

1 Like

Seriously cool sequences Lars, and I love when this bass comes rumbling in.

1 Like

Thanks very much Paul! Happy you like it :blush:

Thanks a lot Adi, I appreciate that! The cool thing about those sequences, and I think one of the “secrets” of minimalism, is, that those two interleaved sequences are… so simple. One simple 5 step and one simple 7 step. Choosing the right notes and they endlessly swirl around each other, creating lots of subtle variation and at times seemingly almost a third sequence between them. That will never cease to fascinate me. And yeah, I’m a big fan of Saws, such lovely analog sounds. Bruce really hit it on the head with that one.

3 Likes

My entry to the single sound source contest (VCP-43)

The single sound source is Braids in SIx3 mode (3 sines).

All notes are supplied by a chaotic LFO from the wonderful Wiqid plugin, through a quantizer. I really like those LFO’s Ben!

The sound goes through two branches of processing: The first is through Clouds in Looping Delay mode. The second is through a looper into Clouds in Granular mode.

And that’s it :slight_smile: Enjoy!

You’ll find the patch here: https://patchstorage.com/looping-sines/

2 Likes

Great work Lars! I might have to steal this looper idea someday :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Adi! Steal away my friend :slight_smile:

That’s a loopy patch Lars, nice!

1 Like

A simple, quiet piece, entirely driven by Marbles.

I do love the sound of the Surge Phaser, thanks to Paul Piko for turning me on to that one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice Lars!

1 Like

Thanks Paul, glad you liked it!