My Music - Paul Piko

Thanks Lars, I was aiming for an old-school sound.

There are two Woldemars in there. One has a really quick volume envelope and the output goes through Valerie and Freak. Valerie has some quick modulation of the frequency and peak. That Woldemar also has modulation of all of the waveforms going into its mix (using uMaps). Its V/OCT is quantised Sample and Hold.

The other Woldemar has no volume envelope, so is continuous output, and goes through Stairway and StereoPhaser2.

1 Like

I watched Lightbath’s Joy Of Patching video on YouTube, and then made this patch. I used the Beatstep Pro’s knobs to change levels and settings while the patch played.

3 Likes

Lovely piece Paul, highly enjoyable with great sounds. You’re really good at this particular kind of music!

1 Like

Thanks Lars. I couldn’t resist putting some phaser in there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful indeed. And great job with the live mix.

1 Like

Cheers, I’m very happy you liked it!

I hooked up the Behringer Crave to VCV Rack, then twisted some knobs.

4 Likes

That was a really enjoyable little jam Paul!

Thanks Adi!

With the stress of the fires across Australia right now, I needed to make a quiet ambient track…

5 Likes

Wonderful piece Paul, full of lovely, subtle timbres and great use of effects. I love it! My thoughts go out to you and yours, hoping you’ll get through this unscathed, and that it’ll soon be over.

Thanks Lars

Guitar-like sounds from Rings through a phaser and Clouds.

5 Likes

VCV Rack modulates the Behringer Crave, then applies reverb. Notes in the video description.

4 Likes

Très beaux sons. (I want the same starship :sunglasses:)

Thanks Marc! There are a few ships that look cool :slight_smile:

Nice Paul! I’m guessing you have an audio interface which is DC-coupled then, which one is that?

Thanks Lars. I got an expert sleepers; this year I’m exploring some hybrid ideas. Maybe have a project with my son and son-in-law.

1 Like

Trying out the updated VCO-3340

6 Likes

Nice tune Paul, I like that beat and the great sound you get out of those oscillators.

1 Like