My Music - Paul Piko

That’s just a lovely, mellow ambient tune Paul, love it! It ended a bit abruptly though. The Bernoulli gate is such a great tool…

1 Like

Thanks Lars. That ending was some clumsy editing. I might need to see if the YouTube tools will let me ease it off a little earlier. Or I’ll record it again for a re-release or a remix :wink: And I need to learn more about mixing and mastering…

I really like the results from modulating the probability of Bernoulli gate .

Watching Chernobyl set the mood for this patch. XFX Wave, Basal and Macro Oscillator 2 provide the voices, with lots of modulation from Bogaudio Walk.

3 Likes

Wonderful piece of music Paul, love it!

1 Like

I set myself the challenge of making a VCV Rack patch using the first four notes of the Star Trek theme. This is the result. Underneath the modulation and delay , the sequence is played at four different rates, using different voices: Macro Oscillator 2 (Plaits), Basal oscillator, XFX Wave and Bleak oscillator.

1 Like

Wonderful patch Paul and really nice piece of music!

1 Like

Playing with the new Erica Synth modules, I ended up with a cross between a cartoon soundtrack and the relative of R2D2 they don’t talk about

2 Likes

I really like how CV-MAP from @stoermelder lets you modulate controls that don’t have any CV input. I use it in this patch to twiddle the Bitcrush knob of Erica Synths’ Black Wavetable VCO.

2 Likes

A patch with the Arturia BeatStep Pro and Akai MPK Mini 2

I’m really liking µMAP from @stoermelder too. I have used it to automate the direction toggle on one ADDR-SEQ, and change the selected step on another. I also used it to modulated the dry/wet knob of StereoPhaser2.

5 Likes

Nice ! interesting stuff going on :slight_smile: btw, loved the video editing :wink:

Thanks for the comments! Happy you liked the video :wink:

1 Like

Derrinal: Really nice Paul! Very groovy, nice composition, feels very finished. I like it a lot.

Thanks Lars. I keep coming back to those Bernie gates with modulated probability, so useful.

1 Like

This is a little exercise with envelopes, and Black WaveTable and Surge oscillators.

1 Like

That’s lovely Paul

Thanks Lars!

Marbles via poly cables into Basal and Bleak. Modulation by the updated Caudal, and Walk via μMap.

5 Likes

What a beautiful patch, thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks very much!