My Music - Paul Piko

That’s a very nice piece, Paul, I quite enjoy that. The slowly changing pitch must be an illusion caused by the modulation, because I don’t see you touching or modulating the stack module.

Thanks Lars. The Bias of Marbles is being modulated, and that is moving the bias point where the voltage is selected within the range - that’s changing the pitch.

1 Like

Aaahhhh, yes, of course, I missed that one :slight_smile: That’s a nice effect, must try that…

The stack module is pushing the Y voltage of Marbles down, making it more of a bass line.

Yup, that works well. The stack module is great for making chords and polyphony out of a range of sources, good times!

1 Like

I’m curious, why use μMap to alter the pulse width and wave of Bleak rather than the cv?

I liked seeing the knobs move :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice, like the umap use to get a sort of vibrato effect going on the VCO’s. Luvverly!

Thanks Al. I really like that umap :slight_smile:

It was time for me to give the Energy modules from Geodesics a run. Three of them are driven by Random Sampler (Marbles). Count Modula’s Burst Generator triggers Basal, which gets it’s CV from Marbles too. There’s plenty of delay courtesy of Chronoblob 2.

1 Like

3 Energy are better than 1 :slight_smile: Thanks @marc_boule and @pyer. Very happy getting to know Energy (and there’s more to try)

2 Likes

You’re welcome Paul, enjoy! Nice and smooth track btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

So glad I’ve found this post! Just been scratching the surface, but what I’ve heard so far… LOVELY!

1 Like

Thanks for that!

1 Like

This patch was an exercise in converting a hardware patch to VCV Rack. The hardware modules aren’t available in VCV Rack, so I needed to make some substitutions. And then I couldn’t help tweaking it…

There’s a link to the hardware patch in the video description.

3 Likes

Wonderful patch Paul! It just has this really great feel and sound to it, I like it a lot.

Thanks Lars!

Trying to get my head around Rainbow, the clone of the 4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, that looks like one wacky module Paul. Very interesting and mysterious sounds you get out of it. In a sentence: What does it do?

I love the sounds your getting out of this thing, I may have to give Rainbow a spin!

2 Likes