Modules with ARM builds!

You download NYSTHI-2.4.0-mac-arm64.vcvplugin and put it in your Documents/Rack2/plugins-mac-arm64/ directory and re-start Rack.

4 Likes

does the specific value module work for you? when i insert a 500hz square wave it flickers between 8000hz and 8.123213hz, i plug the same osc into NYSHI hot tuna and it reads 500hz

That’s because Alkins Specific Value is designed to read V/oct and not the frequency of a wave the way a tuner does.

You can try this one:

3 Likes

Noumental-B is now in library including arm64 build

2 Likes

The old surge is now built for ARM too

5 Likes

Still keeping the list above updated. Down to 27 plugins now :slight_smile:

I don’t suppose you could sort the list into freeware/closed/paid vs open source could you?

Just pulled the source for stocaudio and it built and ran on my mac no problem. Same with the Causal Systems Wavetable. Wonder if @cschol just needs to do something to bounce the library build for it?

1 Like

I think the dev needs to request a new build.

I’ve now split the list into an open source and a closed source section. Unsurprisingly the closed source ones dominate.

1 Like

I thought the library team did a build of every plugin which built at head with the new SDK at some point, which is why I asked. @cshol - what’s the actual workflow here for plugins which build on ARM at tag but haven’t been updated in a while?

Anyway of the five you posted

These three build fine at head - maybe just need a library rebuild

This one I have a PR in which has been unmerged since christmas but with that tiny PR it builds

This one is labeled open source but the source has been removed from GitHub / source link is broken

1 Like

That’s reasonable. Good question.

Ahh but my info is wrong

All three build fine on mac, but in the toolchain cross compile they fail.

It seems because all three build their own libsamplerate rather than use the rack one. The configure step they use in make dep fails in the ubuntu mac arm 64 cross compile.

So they actually will need a bit of work, but that work is really just “don’t build a dep stage which is sample rate and use the rack SDK sample rate”. But that requires an update and requires an active dev.

2 Likes

If I am looking at this correctly, several of those plugins have been in the VCV library build queue for quite some time, in the “Integration” category. I assume the devs are working with VCV to resolve the issues.

The fix is super easy. Just delete the dep step. One of them has a pr maybe soon the other two will also :slight_smile:

Thank you! For me instruo and nysthi are the last two ones missing that both others and me have been using the most. Getting there!

2 Likes

Nysthi you can get from here:

new 2 4 23

1 Like

I guess it’s confusing to me. If some devs like surge / @baconpaul make plugins that are super high quality and update stuff almost daily, why would someone want to rely on a module from a dev that can’t or won’t do an easy update like this after months or more?

1 Like

Have there been sightings of Aria Salvatrice’s modules arm builds? That’s the collection I miss most (apart from Lindenberg, but those are visible on the horizon)