Member Introductions šŸ˜ƒ

Hello, Iā€™m Stanley and Iā€™m from Leipzig, Germany. Iā€™ve been making music since 1994. Mainly in the electronic area (techno, progressive, IDM, etc.) I started with the Scream Tracker, then followed the Fasttracker II, which I also used for quite a long time. I now love Bitwig and find that VCV Rack is a very good addition to it. But I still used the poly grid in Bitwig.

I also have a few real Eurorack modules at home. It eventually became an addiction. So at some point I pulled the rip cord and now only buy modules when I really need them. (I bought a lot of modules and in the end I realized that they were of no use to me)

I think VCV Rack is not only good for beginners, but is also an alternative to real modules. Especially if you donā€™t have that much money!

Here you can find my musical internet presence:
https://submitrecords.bandcamp.com/
https://hottek.bandcamp.com/
https://soundcloud.com/stanley-hottek

Cheers, Stan

7 Likes

Neat! Thank you!

Hi Stanley & welcome. Do stick around and infuse these vibes in here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bienvenue au sein du groupeā€¦

Hey everyone! My name is Matt Gasienica from Toronto, Ontario - Canada. Been on and off with VCV rack since the earlier version, but only now beginning to take a deeper dive into the VCV world. My plan is to only work with Ableton and the Plug-in version of VCV 2.

Side note - Iā€™ve been dabbling with Python and trying to learn programming, but I never really knew what I could really doing using it. So to continue pursuing my interest in programming, Iā€™m going to start diving into C++ and use the knowledge to create things that I could for the hobby I love most - music!! :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hello,from France,42 years old,born in normandy

At 16 years old,amiga 1200 + octamed 5.04 and Protracker 3.15_

Then 20 years old,athlon 800 + fruityloops

long pause

36 years old,Renoise (opened my mind for mixing task)

Cakewalk

Now,Bitwig

Love all style of musicā€¦when a music seem perfect from my point of ear

From ā€œclassicalā€ to ā€œneurofunkā€

Love the traditional and the next gen

ā€˜Forumsā€™ a important,to connect with smart peoplesā€¦ And I will certainly be clumsy sometimešŸ˜…

10 Likes

DIsco is indestructible

4 Likes

Hello Kleinemaschinen/Adrian Bottomley here, Been into music making since 2005.

Messing with Fruityloops versions 5-20

Then 2020 Lockdown discovered Rack and messing with that since

Any VCV Rackers in the Halifax West Yorkshire area interested in collaborating on projects, get in touch on here.

Iā€™m on Soundcloud under my own name and Kleinemaschinen on Bandcamp under the tutelage of Borenail Records.

10 Likes

Hey! I am the founder at Audiotecna.com which is the distributor and store in Colombia for many respected brands like Moog, Teenage Engineering, Koma Elektronik, Modal Electronics and more I am an intermediate thereminist and I teach synthesis at EMMAT (Berklee Global Partner in Colombia) where we use VCV Rack for the second part of our course

Been in the game since the early 90s, and have loads of synths, and a couple of plugins as well

14 Likes

Hi All,

Iā€™m Jonas. The developer of the ā€œFLAG Audioā€ modules (VCV Library)

I own and have owned plenty of synths over the years, but never had any Eurorack gear, so VCV Rack is my only experience of the modular way of thinking.

My previous audio development experience is mainly a VST-synth called ā€œHelixā€ (Audjoo - Helix) (Audjoo Helix review | MusicRadar)

Also I made a few smaller VST effects from the 32bit era that I havenā€™t really maintained. (Jonas Norbergs free VST plugins)

Developing audio software is only a ā€œnights and weekendsā€ kind of job, and my actual career is in Video Games.

My musical taste tend to go through seasons but the last few years Iā€™m loving 80s music and the ā€œMax Mixā€ collections. And some of the more poppy Level 42 Songs (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn6K7Um-noo)

Itā€™s good to be here!

32 Likes

So many thanks! Wahoo :pray:

Hello everybody,

Ben, 28 from france, electronic music lover since 2009 (psytrance, techno, experimental stuff)

Ableton live since 2012, self taught independant artist, free party hacker, eurocrack and vcv since 2017, now tryin do get my head around programming

Wish you all the best

10 Likes

Do some csound modules for us. This lenguage sounds sĆ³ good

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m Remy from the Netherlands. I just started using VCVRack as an amateur musician. But as a professional programmer I jumped in plug-in development. That was just so easy! I only got a really simple module made, but I did it in just a few hours, including the design, I am in awe! Looking forward to make more modules! VCVRocks!

18 Likes

Excited to use whatever epic module creations you come up with :slight_smile:

Itā€™s really refreshing how easy it is to make simple module.

greetings. musician and songwriter. i joined the community to get some ideas how to better use my tools. i own and use VCV and Softube Modular as well as some others.

best regards

5 Likes

Welcome. You came to the right place, a lot of very savvy patchers in this place, I learn constantly just reading others chats.

2 Likes

Hello! My name is William. All my life Iā€™ve tried, from time to time, to really have a deep understanding of audio and synthesis fundamentals in general. And yes, some things would click for me but much of it didnā€™t. I always felt challenged looking at modular setups and a few months back after recently getting back into music production (hiatus for ten years or so), I decided to just try toying around with VCV. But once I followed some tutorials and built some basic patches, it all started to click. I mean, really click, like Iā€™m back in college or something. And itā€™s been a long time since Iā€™ve been this excited about learning something new and fresh. Today I went ahead and just decided to go all-in with VCV Rack Pro 2 because I want to use it as a VST in Ableton. And the really sweet thing is, is that by learning on VCV in a sort of ā€œhands-onā€ environment, I think Iā€™m understanding Abletonā€™s instruments much, much better at least whatā€™s going on under the hood. Itā€™s all synthesis at the end of the day, right? But Iā€™m just thankful for VCV for kickstarting my motor and re-igniting my passion for audio creation and hoping for something thatā€™s musical!

19 Likes

Hi,

Iā€™m Stephane, originally from France but living actually in Vienna, Austria. I work as a professional concert piano tuner and composer. My deep interest in sound and algorithmic composition has led me to many fruitful years exploring the Csound Synthesis programming language long time ago and mastering Opusmodus Music composition software.

Currently, I teach algorithmic composition with Opusmodus, alongside my piano tuning adventures in Vienna :-). My recent discovery of VCVRack, fueled by Omri Cohenā€™s inspiring tutorials, has been a revelation. Integrating VCVRack with Opusmodus is fantastic, Iā€™m using Opumodus as kind of meta sequencer to drive VCVRack. In that way, VCV become an incredible sound engine for OM.

I am thrilled by the new universe of sound that VCVRack has opened up and profoundly grateful to Andrew and the entire community for this incredible software.

15 Likes