Member Introductions 😃

Hi! Denis from France here, I’m the developper of Stalys plugin and also a composer, visual artist, experimenter. I love VCV for the flexibility and experiment it allows me!

12 Likes

Welcome - and what a great way to introduce yourself with a new module!

1 Like

bienvenue !!!

1 Like

Oui… voilà, bienvenue :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bienvenue à bord!

1 Like

Merci!!!

Hi my name is j4ck. I’m new to modular and pretty new to synthesis in general. Jazz, funk, and rock are my fav genres but I love all forms of music. Thats about it. see ya

11 Likes

Welcome!

You have to patch ans tweak now :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::blush:

Hi there, I’m an old school guy and only 61 years old. Electronic music always intriged me, from the late sixties to the present day. Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze and the late great artist of all times, Isao Tomita :hugs: are my inspiration. Depeche mode and Jean Michel Jarre for more modern artists. Always wondered how they got that sound. Used Ableton for a while but couln’t not get the feel and sound I was looking for. And then VCV got my attention. Here I finally get the sounds I want. Still a beginner and learning but I think I have found the sweet spot in discovering the sounds I’m looking for. Great piece of software, thank you.

19 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Hello, my name is Cláudio Sousa. I’m a Portuguese Transdisciplinary Artist. Member in this community since March. I never got to present myself properly. My bad. Any way, I discovered VCV Rack in a Psyche Electro-Acoustic Opera (https://lizaseigido.wixsite.com/psycheopera2019) post on instagram back in February and it was the perfect tool to learn more about modular during lockdown. I’ve been learning how to explore it since then but I consider myself a beginner non the less. I have to thanks the creators, developers and this fantastic community for sharing knowledge and precious support. Very grateful for being a member of this community and leaning a lot from tutorials, shared patches and all the help provided in any question posted here. Me and my partner we have an artistic duo named Mr. Lazy & Mme. Leisure, mainly focus on AV Performances and Video Art. In our public presentations she does Live Cinema and some vocals and I do the live soundscapes using some loop-stations-effects (Korg Kaossilator and KP3+), some DIY Synths like Atari Punk Console, The Groovesizer MKII or the Open Theramin for example. I also use Pure Data Benjolin and live radio from some old pocket radios that my grandfather used to listen to soccer live reports back in the days. They have such a great sound and I love to capture some vocals with them for extra layers in the loop-station. In last October we did an Art Residency here in Portugal and VCV was my favourite ‘tool’ to explore and create soundscapes for all the footage that we wanted to work. I hope we can present that AV Performance in public soon but we still have many restrictions on cultural activities on venues with audience around. We’ll see. Meanwhile I can share a performance from last year at Seasoning Summer 2019 Eindhoven.

Thanks once again for this great community. Positive Voltage to everyone.

13 Likes

Hello everybody,

my name is Torsten. I am a computer scientist and musician from Dresden, Germany. I realized the power and beauty of computer music creation when my cousin showed me a program called “wizard of sound” on his Amiga. Soon after that I started using MOD trackers and I was fascinated by the simple idea of stretching samples to change the pitch. Unfortunately I did not take it very seriously, studied computer science, concentrated on playing the guitar and almost forgot about computer music. When I later joined my band I started building stompboxes from kits and on veroboard again. This path led me into tinkering with electronics, lunetta-style CMOS-based noise machines, some circuit bending experiments and again sequencers and synths from kits. I used the Groovesizer and two of my Shruthis in ambient Ninjam sessions. But most of those toys never went into real musical practice. In 2018 I discovered VCV Rack and started building patches with it. In 2020 I started getting more active in online music communities starting with the livecoding equinox in march. Recently I released my first album of electronic music that is made completely in VCV Rack. This is where I am now.

Cheers, Torsten

18 Likes

Superbe :slightly_smiling_face:

Modular black metal sounds sick

3 Likes

Hello fellow synthesists I’m back after a 30 year musical lull but now have the time to explore this magical world. I built PiAi modules way back which still sort of operate, but mostly kept as a nostalgic piece of art. HATS OFF to all of you genius programmers for making VCV this amazing easy and powerful instrument - way more than a tool, Wow I am impressed as someone who wrote c++ code for 35 years, this foundation and modules is fantastic. Lot of fun. And it even run very well on my wimpy pc to boot. Thank y o u all.

cheers, max

5 Likes

I have seen some postings about black metal (adjacent?) in the “What are you listening to” thread.

Hey there. My name is Jeroen Verheij, also known as Secret Cinema, Grooveyard, Point Blank and many other names. Another member (@eurikon) of this wonderful community advised me to do a member introduction, so here I am. Releasing music since 1991 and creating since 1990 I started on an Amiga 500 computer (which I still have working btw) with Oktalyzer. It gave me the chance to create a career in music which was techno from the start and see the world because of it. My favorite DAW is Bitwig and from starting with software, going through hardware, ending up with VCV Rack made the circle round for me. Thank you all for your contribution to this great bunch of creative geeks, exploring electronics in any kind of way. VCV made it easier for me to shift music from my mind into the machine than anything ever before. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Welcome… Very cool to see you here. Never imagined to be able to tell you but the b-side of one of your famous releases, ‘the answer’ is of my all time fav’s.

3 Likes

Thanks and cool, also one of mine actually. One of those lonely studio all-in-one-take nights.