Matthew Paine Music

Hey Folks, here is a new ambient project for piano, voice and synth in Dolby Atmos (Binaural Audio).

3 Likes

I created this experiment as part of my exploration into the spatial parameter in music, and its integration into the composing process. By moving spatialisation into the composing process from the production process I am attempting to give the spatial position and gesture of a sound object an equal musical status alongside melody, harmony, timbre etc.

5 Likes

A new experiment with VCV Rack and Dolby Atmos.

1 Like

Hey Peeps, here is another Rack and Atmos experiment. Enjoy :slight_smile:
I’m doing my masters thesis on Spatial Composition…but cramming as much Rack into the project as possible.

3 Likes

Hey Rack Heads, here is a fairy large scale generative ambient piece. It’s a continuation of my experimentation with VCV Rack and Dolby Atmos. Each voice has triggering probabilities based on occurrence frequencies of aural features in a local environment. I am using position and trajectory characteristics from the environment to inform the musical spatialisation.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, here is a new performative and semi generative piece using synth and string textures. This is a continuation of my work with VCV Rack and Dolby Atmos. Cheers

5 Likes

That’s lovely Matthew

1 Like

Cheers Lars! I felt this one. Really trying to zero in on the type of music I really want to make.

Hi everyone, here is a new generative ambient piece. In line with my recent work, the 24 voices are subject to random triggers that are modelled on the occurrence frequencies of a local environment’s aural features. I am using the approximate position and trajectory of these aural features to inform the musical spatialisation. Enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey Folks, here is a new ambient work featuring vocalist Mon Fagioli. This is a continuation of my work with VCV Rack and Dolby Atmos and is a small fragment of masters degree composition. This piece uses wind patterns to inform the audio spatialisation of the ensemble that is made up of strings, synth and voice. Hope you like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Folks, here is a new ambient work. This is a continuation of my work with VCV Rack and Dolby Atmos, and is a small fragment of masters degree composition. This piece uses wind patterns to inform the audio spatialisation of the ensemble: strings, synth and voice. Hope you like it :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Wonderfully serene!

1 Like

Cheers!!! Excuse the late reply.

1 Like

Hey Friends, I have finished my Master’s Degree project (Lots of VCV involved, will share when finalised) and now have time to do some smaller pieces. Here is a new one! Cheers

9 Likes

Nice, very chill, very professional. Congrats on finishing your degree Matthew!

1 Like

Congrats on finishing your Masters project!

1 Like

Cheers Lars!

Thanks a lot Dan!!

Hi Everyone, here is a new small Rack experiment. Beats / Hiphop / MIDI Map / performance. Hope you like it! Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Everyone, Merry Christmas!

Here is small experiment exploring new work flows for film scoring with semi generative patch. Hope you like it!

Looking forward to introducing some timecode based triggers and would love to do the live mix within rack patch - but no movie player in rack yet.

Merry Christmas!

7 Likes