Matthew Paine Music

Thank you Matthew, yes that was the one. I ended up making a replica, a simpler patch with 3 Organ 3s controlled by 3 uMAPs. A truly beautiful way to make movement in my music! Very much appreciate the patch as well.

1 Like

So is this patch available for preview and experimentation. Will V1 disappear once V2 kicks in? I have a fair few paid for modules and 2700 modules, will all of them get updated?

So can I still use V1 modules in verse 1.16 without V2 interfering?

Maybe I should ask Vortico these questions!?

1 Like

Pretty sure V2 will be a completely seperate program. I sure hope so as I have a fair bit of unfinished business in V1. Best to clear up all those questions with Vortico. Yep, you can mess around with the patch, I attached the file to my last message to you. Go for it! That is great that you built your own, its the best way to learn. Cheers

Another great patch I might try replicating, like the idea of Sussudio controlled by LFOs. It does give it some variety in sound!

1 Like

Hi Everyone, here is a new dark ambient generative piece. The piece is made up of 7 seperate patches layered together to acieve the module count. My dream is to be able to do this type of thing in one patch.
Anyways, looking forward to V2!!! Cheers :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey Peeps, here is a new generative patch with ambient elements, dirty beats and some sax. Also, having fun with some stock footage and DaVinci Resolve.
I tried some patches in V2 but it kept on crashing! looking forward to an official stable version. Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good stuff Matthew!

1 Like

Hey Folks, this was a fun challenge suggested by a fellow Rack Head to make a patch that would sound like the Follyphone if it were real. There is definitely some hidden strings and mechanics in that instrument. The ‘’Follyphone’’, a fake musical instrument designed by Lewis Sydney as a parody of new musical instruments being devised at the time, September 1912.

Hi Everyone, Here is an Ambient patch that I mixed in Dolby Atmos. A few days after I painfully set up the Dolby stuff they released Atmos as part of the new Logic X update. I nearly cried! This is a Binaural Fold of the Dolby Atmos render. Headphones will help the spatial illusion if you are interested. Cheers

Hey Folks, This is a 3 movement ambient piece that plays out in a linear fashion. Unlike most of my previous VCV Rack experiments this piece has no real generative elements.
This patch is part of a series of projects where I am exploring the combination of VCV Rack and Dolby Atmos mixing for headphones.

2 Likes

Really nice Matthew!

1 Like

Cheers Lars!

Hi Everyone, This is a fun experiment using a broken turntable and a set of differently timed delays. Cheers!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone, Here is a new dark generative patch. Piano and string samples, synth voices, spooky elements with a bit of glitch. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great atmosphere you made there Matthew!

1 Like

Hey Folks, here is a new dark ambient generative patch. I made a big effort to have most of the elements influencing each other in some way. Aiming to get closer to a true complex system. Also, my first patch with V2! Cheers.

4 Likes

Love this, would it be possible to see the Chronoblob and other modules on this patch, really like how this has turned out. A screenshot would be perfect or cheekily the patch on here or Patchstorage. :smiley:

Thanks much appreciated.

1 Like

VCV_Turn table and Delay.vcv (98.9 KB)

It’s actually really simple. I haven’t really done anything to the delay’s besides patch a sync. The patch is essentially a set of delays with different sync times. The switches are being randomly switched as to ‘catch’ the input of the record player (device output 1). As you can see in the vid I’m live patching the device output 1 to any given switch. Messing around til something interesting happens then patch to different switch. Have fun, and thanks for taking an interest. Cheers

Thank you Matthew, you are legend!! I will give this a go with a multitude of samples in Nysthi’s Quadsimpler or even Lomas Sampler. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Hey Folks, here is a generative patch for strings and synth. :slight_smile:

4 Likes