Matthew Paine Music

Hi All, Here is a Drum and Bass type patch using choir and drum samples. Built for live performance and controlled with nakedboards MC-24. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

wow, this wins the prize for most F2 Filters in one patch! What’s the sampler? Sounds really good. this is cool…

1 Like

Cheers @Squinky, I’ve been using the F2 as my main MIDI mapping control. Kinda like a volume.

Sampler in the Patch? NYTHSI Quad Simpler.

Cheers

Excellent!! The Requiem resampling is epic!

1 Like

Thanks a lot @marc_boule. Glad you liked it!!

Hey Folks, here is some gentle generative ambient :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Folks, here is a polyrhythmic based piece. It’s two patches playing together! My CPU couldn’t cope with all of it in one. Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s cool. and the mix is nice and clean. good amount of reverb, not muddy. And thanks once again for using all those blue knobs. I assume your CPU issues are elsewhere - I know LFN uses almost zero CPU, and I would be surprised if chopper does. If so, let me know. I don’t think I’ve ever seen many choppers used in one patch.

1 Like

Cheers @Squinky! It’s always tempting to turn up that reverb, however I didn’t want to drown the detail. Thanks again for all the awesome modules and taking an interest in my work! P.S. how bizarre is the VCV FB page these days!? I’m still want to be a part of it and post on it but I cant help feeling a bit sad about the change.

1 Like

Hey Folks, Here is a new generative piece taking inspiration from Neo Romantic harmony and Minimalism. Working on some new (for me) variation techniques. I intended to record for only 3 mins but I was continually intrigued by what the patch generated. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @futark666. Glad you liked it :slight_smile:

I’m still listing to your other patches, they are very awesome too. I really like that.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time!! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Not for that. Thank you! Nice work! (y)

1 Like

That is absolutley beautiful!!

1 Like

Hello Matthew, how did you automate the controls on the Organ 3, Stoermelder voodoo by the look of the modules on the right, but which ones and how many. Great music is the result, very atmospheric and darkly spooky.

1 Like

Thanks @Quetzalcoatl. Really glad you enjoyed it. Excuse the late reply :slight_smile:

Hey @ady34, excuse the late reply. Are you talking about the ‘Squinky Organ Scape’ patch? If so…each slider is controlled with a combination of ‘stoermelder µMAP’ and ‘bog audio Walk’. µMAP is mapping Walk (random LFO) to the slider. Fairly simple little way of modulating a control that doesn’t have a CV control input. Thanks for taking an interest!! Here is the patch if you want to check it out. VCP #63_Organ Scape.vcv (128.5 KB)

Hey Peeps, This patch makes use of 8 homemade violin samples with 3 play-heads each (NYSTHI SUSSUDIO). Originally I had the speed of the playheads mapped to MIDI controllers as to play it like an elaborate mellotron type instrument. In this version of the patch I simply hooked up the filters and tape head speeds to a host of Random LFO’s. The result is not very dynamic and doesn’t offer much in the way of variation but does create a texturally interesting atmosphere. I imagine this patch and recording could be useful for projects in the future. I sense this will be one of my last V1 Rack posts. Looking forward to exploring V2

1 Like