Matthew Paine Music

Hi All, Unlike my previous VCV rack experiments, this piece plays out in a conventional linear fashion, nothing random or generative. I originally wrote this piece for Piano many years ago. I have since adapted it for Pianola (playing piano), and recently I thought it would work very well with a set of gentle synthesizers. Merry Christmas :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beau patch :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hey Folks, Merry Christmas! :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is a generative mash up of Fred’s speech (A Christmas Carol), Carol of the Bells, and Oh Holy Night (and some other stuff).

Hope you all have a great New Year!!!

3 Likes

Vous avez beaucoup de talent, Matthew :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Everyone! Here is a new generative ambient patch using mostly fundamental modules. I accompanied the patch with some light piano. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! This piece makes use of a short fragment of Palestrina’s Gloria. The fragment is subject to a host of generative granular synthesis effects. I had lots of fun with the combination of Voxglitch’s Ghost module and Supercell. Enjoy:)

3 Likes

Hi All! Here is new generative patch with guitar and effects accompaniment. I’ve been enjoying using mostly basic VCV modules lately, especially as the module library grow’s bigger and bigger. Occasionally suffering from choice paralysis, I realise I haven’t even properly explored the basics.

I attempted to make this piece have a general sense of simple harmonic consistency with splashes of tonal ambiguity here and there. I also had fun creating the radio/transmission effects with the drum modules.

Hope you like it.

Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Folks, here is a piece combining string orchestra and Rack. Thanks Entrian Audio for the player, a piece like this would be impossible without it. This is an experiment for more large scale pieces involving a full orchestra. Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Folks, hope you’re all well. Here is my latest musical offering, a new generative ambient patch featuring Vocals from Mon Fagioli. Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone!

I’m releasing an album today! New Planets.

New Planets - All tracks created with VCV Rack software. New Planets is an Ambient Experimental album with its origins in open exploration of complex patterns, technology, and sound. These pieces are created using a mix of automated generative techniques, technological performance interventions, and acoustic instruments. The generative techniques comprise mostly of varying probability ratios and complex phase relationships. Enjoy :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi All! Here is dark generative patch using Squinky Organ 3 modules. Got some surprising results along the way. Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Folks, here is a generative ambient patch that makes use of audio of Luis Borges’s short story The Library of Babel. Link to short story audio here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoiUU…

This patch is also my first shot using some of the awesome Instruo hardware clones modules. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Peeps. This piece combines three piano improvisations soaked in generative VCV Rack FX. Having fun with audio in Rack atm. :slight_smile:

Hi All, this is my entry for the VCP 65 challenge. I had a SEGA mega drive as a kid so I used the Boss Fight module. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Everyone, Here is a small lockdown project from Melbourne. A generative patch floating around some jazz harmony. Cheers :slight_smile:

Hi Everyone, here is a semi generative ambient piece inspired by sacred choral music. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Folks, I decided to get out if the studio and get amongst nature…with Rack! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Hi All, getting out of the studio again, this time down to the carpark. Here is an ambient patch made with Cello samples. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey All, Chill Jams with generative accompaniment. A whole bunch of mapping to my trusty nakedboards controller. Slowly building to some gigs with these latest set of patches. I’m doing a lot of testing for stability and mapping for practicality and performance efficiency as I want to be playing keys at the same time messing with the MIDI controller.

1 Like