Loops :: sketches & songs

I’ll make this little corner a place to share some of my creations. All comments are welcome :slight_smile:

Considering I can only put so much time into this great hobby, most of my patches remain in their embryonic stage and rarely flourish into fully realized tracks.

Still, I feel some of these have something good to offer (whether it’s a captivating loop, a catchy melody or a tasty drone) so I’ll be putting them out here for you all. I know I sure appreciate the patches and the clips you’re posting on this forum, so here’s my little contribution to this community!

2 Likes

Oddly enough, this one started out by picking the oldest module in my collection under the “Oscillator” tag, which turned out to be “KarplusStrongPoly”. So I build everything around it (it’s the sound source for everything except for VCV Noise being used for some of the percussions).

Patch :

Main module :

7 Likes

Brilliant! I loved it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Petite promenade rafraîchissante (A refreshing walk!) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In this one, I was quite inspired by one of @jeremysmuller’s modules, Cosmosis. It’s the driving force for this particular patch, sending triggers, chords and various voltages in all directions and resulting in a soundtrack which I think lives up to the main module’s name :star2:

Patch :

Main module :

7 Likes

Very cool, glad you like it! Thanks for posting this

Yeah, lovin’ it really. I know it’s being used in a rudimentary way in that piece above, but I do have other patches where I take full advantage of all the other features. Tks!

Took a fancy to the hypnotic, meditative character of this one, so I tweaked it a bit and published away. Certain passages reminded me of some of Phil Knight’s solo material.

Patch :

Main module :

3 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

Très bien! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Mostly an exercise in structure and more rhythmic than what I’ve shared so far, this patch ended up being a sandbox more than anything else. Learned a great deal about older modules I had missed out on, even if the majority of them didn’t make the final cut. Also, i know it’s a messy patch, could’ve used polyphony throughout to make everything tidier, but I just wanted to seal this one before catching some zzz’s :tired_face:

Patch :

Main module :

4 Likes

Quirky little soundtrack. Love the possibilities out of the Neutrinode module! :smiley:

Patch :

Main module :

6 Likes

I wanted to do something sample-based this time around, so naturally I went to a fav of mine, @mgunyho’s PdArray plugin. Using the recording CV inputs in the bottom row, I would randomly erase samples over time to give a deteriorating effect (and to showcase my utter lack of imagination, the sample says “deterioration”… but eh, I needed a word).

To support this bare-bones idea, I added the usual suspects : a looping melodic sequence, rapid & quiet percussions, noisy nonsense riding the stereo spectrum and modulation galore. :wavy_dash:

Hope you’ll enjoy, i kinda like it :slight_smile:

Patch :

Main module :

6 Likes

@beat_s Tks for all the love! :blush:

Just pure, unadulterated fun with arpeggios! :smile:

Patch :

Main module :

2 Likes

Venturing into a noisier and more abrasive territory here. Starts out gentle enough but over time, tension increases.

Lately inspired by the likes of The Hafler Trio and Illusion of Safety, I tried to channel this (to some extent) into this piece’s latter half. Does it compare to those artists I mentioned? Um, no. But did I get a kick out of the process and an appreciation of the end result? Yes, can confirm :slight_smile:

I had only grazed the surface with the Frequency Domain modules, but this time around, I delved deeper with Box of Revelation and Ball of Confusion. They are great! Kudos to you @almostEric and @jerrysv for developing these. Looking forward to further explore the other plugins you’ve made.

Patch :

Main module :

Well, there was a recent discussion here on the forum about strumming, so I got curious about @synthi’s Strummer module and started noodling away. Ended up with 3 instances of it in this patch, one used for actual strumming… as for the other two, I left a wider gap between each “strike”, which turned them into bursts of triggers to drive some broken chords.

Enjoy!

Patch :

Main module :

6 Likes

That is both an innovative patch and an engaging piece of music. After hearing it, I’m also interested in exploring Strummer (and not just in memory of Joe). Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Très original :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Already 18 years since Joe’s gone…how time flies!

No Clash influence trickled into this piece however :slightly_smiling_face:

Have fun with Strummer, I know I did.

1 Like