Lindenberg Research Announcements Thread

I will test Laika for proper working, thanks for reporting

1 Like

Beta-5.3, stabilisation Update:

LRTRack v2.beta53 - Windows

LRTRack v2.beta53 - Apple

It works way better and seems to be ok. But in seldom circumstances it crashed when used as VST, I am not sure if this is relating to my local machine here, what are your experiences?

In this version non of the lately reported issues were fixed, it just handles the UI crashes.

Thanks for testing!

5 Likes

No immediate issues to report in Studio One 5, Ableton, Bitwig, Cubase 12 or Reaper on Windows 10. I loaded the vst, added each module. Closed and re-opened each project. On my machine, there were no graphical glitches. Things are looking up.

Hi Patrick.

Not fixed - graphic issues.

Windows 10 Pro (22H2), Bitwig Studio 4.4.6 (also from REAPER 6.73), VCV Rack 2 v2.2.2 - VST2 or VST3.

It happens when reopening VCV Rack window… but randomly.

EDIT: If I close & reopen the window 2, 3 (or rarely 4) times, the GUIs become okay again.

Out of curiosity, could it relate to the graphics card? I’m running an nvidia card.

Yep, I’m running an NVidia card, too (Asus RTX 2080 Dual OC, w. 8GB GDDR6), recent driver (527.56).

Beta 5.3 seems better (more robust), it’s more difficult (compared with Beta 5.2) to reproduce the GUI issues, either from Bitwig Studio or REAPER (VCV Rack 2 VST2 or VST3).

Instead of yesterday (when I’ve posted the image, above) today I can’t reproduce the issue!

This is really nasty… I added some sort of guard to the code, maybe it works now better. I tested it here on my Mac and PC with opening it up to 30-50 times in Bitwig, nothing went wrong…

It is just a litte thing left to be fixed, then it could go productive… I hope it works better now!

Thanks for testing and have a nice weekend! :smiley:

5 Likes

First impressions are that it opens faster. No initial issues in Reaper or S1 on my system.

2 Likes

Hi Patrick, have done additional tests from Bitwig Studio 4.4.6, VCV Rack 2 v2.2.2 (VST2), lastest Beta 5.3 (posted 2h ago), Windows 10, I confirm I don’t have the GUI issue.

Have a nice weekend too :wink:

2 Likes

That sounds optimistic! Thanks guys :smiley:

1 Like

with Beta53 patched - WIndows

is “PreHeater” Tube Amp no longer there? Or did i miss something?

no gui issue here that I can see. One issue tho on Bitwig Project reload Laika will not output sound. deleting the modules and performing an UNDO in vcv. Puts them back into play.

Bitwig 4.4.6 / Rack 2.2.2 / VST3

Hi Patrick,

News about Beta 5.4 (or stable/final) ? because this oudated beta-version message is a pain (it appears on every VCV Rack open):

Please set a longer delay, disable it, or… please publish more frequent betas, at least to avoid this awkward dialog box. We understand your plugin remains as beta.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

(EDIT: outdated, not “oudated”…)

(EDIT 2: except if Lindenberg Research plugin becomes commercial. in this case, this dialog box is supposed during betas.)

1 Like

It’s very annoying. I think it also deleted the collection from my local library (although the folder is still there), but the message appears anyway…

1 Like

Do you have evidence that was deleted? Click to continue warning to allow an audio render or two at least.

Sure. Later though

I’ve deleted entirely the LindenbergResearch subfolder from Rack2\plugins => no more message.

Sorry for typo in post: I’ve wrote oudated, instead of outdated. :grinning: (English isn’t my first language).

If the developer sets - for example - one month prior expiration, at least, the developer “must” update every month, it’s common sense, IMHO.

1 Like

Here it is

Do you have evidence contra to some data protection acts you didn’t delete it yourself?

EDIT: I mean insitu production of stimulus and de facto deletion of an obvious reproduction potential might be kind of hard to argue.

EDIT2: Some guy the other day was inconvenienced to the extent of having to find out and implement a soulution to reinstall his visualizer. I mean he’d had a great party night before, and upgraded.