Lindenberg Research Announcements Thread

Maybe download Malwarebytes and run a scan. It’s free for the first 14 days.

1 Like

Yes, sadly. I can’t even connect with RDP. I have a old Notebook just for building and testing Windows releases… I already uninstalled a lot of stuff. I will take a deeper look today, we will see… :wink:

Keeping a Windows machine running well is a bleeping nightmare. Rebel people! Don’t put up with this crap, use macOS or Linux :slight_smile:

6 Likes

uuuhhh… Lars, I can prove the exact contrary,

I know some folks who will never more use a MacOS machine and some that have Win machines running flawless since decades. Problems can occur with any OS.

7 Likes

I’m running Windows machine since 1989 and have no problem… Running also Linux machine (Ubuntu)…

2 Likes

My opinion is that only the “fit” OS’s can survive long term. Not necessarily the “fittest” but essentially that the candidates must have a similar order of fitness in order to competitively survive. Windows, MacOS and Linux have all proved themselves as fit. Others were fit at one time but have faded away or only survive in niche ecosystems.

It seems much more productive to acknowledge that Windows, Linux and MacOS are each of the same order of fitness across a broad spectrum of needs. By and large, which we use is a personal preference.

Every employer I have worked for has struggled with the reality of the need to support all 3 hardware and software architectures.

Just my opinion.

4 Likes

we share the same opinion :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks for the support - seems it just download updates or something; now it works fine, I dont know why :smile: :grin:

Beta5 is in test and I think it will be available tomorrow :slight_smile: Stay tuned.

7 Likes

For the early birds: This is the Beta-5 build on Macintosh:

Release notes and Windows coming tomorrow. Stay tuned gentlemen. :smiley:

9 Likes

Fantastic! So glad to have them back!

1 Like

Great News !

Do you by chance also have a Linux variant in the drawer ?

Here we go - Beta5.

I’m sorry for the delay, it was hard work to get it running. I’m using an own oversampling buffering of complex SVG images, which makes it possible to have panels like the one in new Preheater Tube simulation. It should also work now with Bitwig and other DAWs, no crash at all. HiDPI is also supported.

I added some debug information in the ‘About’ panel, it would be nice, if you can tell me what you seeing (the values) or send it to: lindenberg.resaearch@gmail.com :slight_smile: The first value shows the average time needed in millies to create a framebuffer for a panel. The second is the sum of time needed to load and create all buffers in seconds. The last values show how many SVGs loaded and how many of them are buffered.

The Preheater Tube is still alpha, I spend some work on it and in generell it works, but it’s untestet…

The Beta5 is valid until the end of 2022, after that a message will appear but it will NOT deactivate itself anymore. (OK it will, but a few months later, shouldn’t break you patches now…)

Gates:

Jobs:

Torvalds will follow…

Thanks for testing - keep clean, stay cool, be creative!

11 Likes

:+1:

the first load in the browser needs some seconds, but then it’s really fast
so far working great here on Win 11/ VCV 2.2.0

1 Like

Does the preview speed in the browser persist between Rack sessions? I ask since I am currently tracking down an issue in Rack 2.2.0 where on complex patches that are high CPU usage and high GPU usage (low achieved FPS) with a high Rack FPS setting such as 60 Hz can cause the browser preview sort to stall on complex modules.

yes, after each restart of VCV
the first time I choose the brand “Lindenberg Research” in he browser
it takes some seconds to load these,
but only the first time, afterwards its really fast.

1 Like

Sorry, wrong mail-address in the post(typo), please send it to: lindenberg.research@gmail.com Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Retina Late 2013), Intel Core i5-4288U, Intel Iris graphics 5100, macOS

VCV Rack 2.2.0 Free on Windows 11.
AMD 3700X, 64GB RAM, Asrock X570, Nvidia RTX2060Super, Samsung PM981 1TB M.2 NVME

just one little GU bug,
the “Spreader” module misses the knob for the manual trigger here on WIN11

1 Like