Lindenberg Research Announcements Thread

No this was in the context of 2.0 port. see - I told you it wasn’t 100% clear!

The code in Colors doesn’t use VCV, it goes directly to nano:

_image = nvgCreateImageRGBA(vg,
        _width,
        _height,
        NVG_IMAGE_REPEATX | NVG_IMAGE_REPEATY,
        memImage);

I don’t think @robert.kock had to change this when he did the real port.

For my knob-inlays I also use png files, but I realised that it do not work like SVG caching in Rack sources, so I had to fix it by myself. But it was in a beta stage, seems that it is now fixed, I will take a look.

I finally found the evildoer :slight_smile: When reloading a patch by starting Bitwig it loads the patch without a window instance, but I called APP->window for some handling… this pointer is 0x0 so it crashes…

I will fix it and see if then all is loaded fine. My caching and SVG handling is pretty mature, I spend really a lot of time into it, else I had to drop my lovely SVGs and this was not an option! :slight_smile:

Stay tuned, hope to get a new beta soon for you!

21 Likes

Much much faster now, thanks Patrick!

2 Likes

Thanks Patrick! Far more fast on Win11!

1 Like

Update: Sorry for the long silence here, but I again faced a problem while fixing the Reaper/Bitwig crash. Actually it is fixed, but I found a memory-leak resulting in consuming huge amounts of memory during a session, especially when open and add a lot of modules. You can test it in the current beta: Just add and duplicate some modules and watch the memory - that cant be persist.

I will add a new beta on the weekend where caching is again turned off - means slower drawing but full working even as VST.

Stay tuned! Thanks for the response, you’re great! :smiley:

23 Likes

Hope things are going well for you. Memory leaks are annoying as heck. Hope you find the fix.

1 Like

After a long, long odyssey of bug-fixing, coding and testing and with the help of a potential dangerous high caffeine level, I got it working as VST. Optimising and caching SVG images is a pain in a VST context… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Beta5 will be available soon (maybe this weekend)

Stay tuned. Stay save!

Cheers, Patrick.

25 Likes

wonderful ! if you need some coffee , just ask many thanks

1 Like

Oui, oui, nous sommes impatients de retrouver ces modules incroyables…merci!

3 Likes

really good news! :+1:

1 Like

Je vous en prie! Les modules devraient être bientôt disponibles…

2 Likes

ARP filter next?

:laughing:

Alright, sorry for the delay, I still had a problem with the knobs which seemed to initially stay always on the same position and not the one saved by the patch. Works now, puh.

Okay, after fixing my Windows machine I will prepare a new Beta. Do anybody have an idea why a Windows 10 ist running 100% CPU all the time? Virus?

1 Like

Bitcoin miner? Do people even bother with that these days?

1 Like

Aucune idée pourquoi Windows 10 roule à 100%… aussitôt que votre version beta sera prête, je vais l’essayer sur mon portable sous Windows 10 Pro…

perhaps just a normal windows update

You mean with no programs like VCV running? I’m on win 11 now. The display in the performance tab of task manager is showing me 1%. Goes up to 6% for a very simple patch. You might go in the process tab and see what’s using all the CPU?

On my Asus laptop (8 years old / Core i5 8Go), VCVRack is running at 0.5%.