Jim Frye - Ambient

(Lars Bjerregaard) #43

Nice patch Jim! Pleasing sounds and rhythms and quite interesting sonic artifacts falling out from the modulations. Well done. My only feedback would be my standard one: It would be really nice with the cable opacity dialed to the max. for whole/part of the video, so that it’s easy to follow the cables and patching.

(Lars Bjerregaard) #44

Nice modification of the patch Joe, I like it! Has an ENO-esque quality to it. Nice!

For these kind of “inspired by” patches it might be a good idea for next time, to post them as a “linked post”. Then people can easily jump over to it and listen, and you also keep Jim’s topic tidy for his own music. Just a suggestion.

(Jim Frye) #45

Hey thanks @LarsBjerregaard Here’s a pic. I will try to add it to patchstorage soon. :slight_smile:

(Jim Frye) #46

Here it is. :sunglasses:

clouds-04.vcv (36.8 KB)

(Jim Frye) #47

I’ve made a new thing, called it Starbase Evolution 04. It’s for the VCP27 which is for the ML Evolution module. I had never used it before, but I now LOVE this module. I set out to use the module to create an eight note melody which is held in place at the very beginning. Then I allow it to alter one or two random notes in the sequence. All random but at the same time very structured! As usual feedback is encouraged. I want to improve.

(Adi Quinn) #48

That’s really well done Jim, the sequence and sounds are lovely and this bass really brings it home for me.

(Jim Frye) #49

Thank you Adi.

(Lars Bjerregaard) #50

It definately works Jim, very nice tune! I have resigned to the fact, that my favorite kind of sequence is often a fixed sequence, slowly permutated by injecting semi-random notes. Keeps it alive and moving and just sounds great.